Chapter 2 Old Friends

Edward's POV
(Edward's pov on the previous chapter)
Bella's ringtone dragged me out from my thoughts and waking Bella up, making her grab a knife from under her pillow and slash around with her eyes closed. When she opened her eyes she relaxed, realising there was no danger and it was just her cell. She groaned and pushed away from where I lay, frozen and towards her cellphone, knife still in her left hand.
Why was there a knife under her pillow and how didn't I notice? I should've been able to smell it. Who would be calling this late?
She grabbed her phone and answered.
"Bella?" A male voice questioned.
"Sam? I swear you better have a good reason for calling this early or I'm gonna kick your ass" Bella threatened.
"Bella... I'm sorry but we need your help" this 'Sam' sighed.
"With what exactly? I thought you were in college?" Bella inquired.
"Dad's missing and has been for a while. Longer than he ever has been, Dean came and got me but I'm going back on Monday" Sam explained.
"Alright, where are you?" Bella asked.
"Uh... Washington" A different voice answered.
"Oh hey Dean, I'm going to kill you for bringing Sam back into this and well you're in luck because I'm in Forks, Washington. I'll text you the address okay? Don't call Jacob. I don't think he knows about any of this. I gotta go, I gotta sort some things out. Bye" Bella said.
"Okay we'll pick you up from school tomorrow well today really. Bye" Sam replied.
Bella hung up and jumped out of bed and started packing, not acknowledging me. She opened her closet and sighed, fished out a suitcase and shoved clothes in.
She pulled off a fake backing in her closet that I didn't know about and the clothes were replaced by weapons. Crossbows, knives, and guns. To say I was surprised was the least of it.
Why would Bella keep weapons?
She grabbed many weapons and shoved them in her suitcase, along with salt, lighters, chalk, matches and fake IDs that were in a box under her bed.
Why did she have salt and fake IDs?
Next I followed her into the bathroom she and Charlie share, seeming to have stood at some point.
She pulled out a loose tile in the floor and removed a leather book from the hole. She placed the leather book in her suitcase and turned and finally faced me.
"Edward... I have to leave Forks tomorrow, well later today" she told me.
"Then I'm coming with you" I insisted.
"No, you're not" she ordered.
"Bella please... I won't be able to stand it if you leave" I pleaded.
"Edward. I don't want you to come with me. We're done Edward. Leave me alone" she said.
I sighed and jumped out the window. Leaving the only woman I've ever loved.
__________________~|~_________________

When I got home everyone was waiting for me. I pushed the door opened and waited for the questions to start.
"What happened?" Emse asked.
"Bella got a call, when she woke up though she grabbed a knife from under her pillow and slashed it around, the call was from two males, Sam and Dean, telling her that they need her help looking for their father. She got out of bed, packed her clothes, weapons from her closet and a box of fake IDs, chalk, lighters, matches and... salt from under her bed. Then she broke up with me" I answered.
She threw almost the exact same words I had said to her that day back in my face.
"Bella? Have weapons? What sort?" Emmett inquired.
"Knives, guns, crossbows you name it" I replied.
"But why would Bella have these things?" Carlisle questioned.
"I don't know" I admitted.
"Do you think... Do you think these people are criminals and their father was caught?" Esme pondered sadly.
"No, Bella's dad's a cop remember? She wouldn't break the law" I shut the theory down.
"Wait Esme might be right, after you left Bella's house I called her because I saw her with two males and I lied saying I couldn't see her future any more. She mumbled 'must be the tattoos' then when I questioned her on that she hung up" Alice inserted.
"Tattoos?" Rosalie asked.
"Yeah" Alice answered.
__________________|~|_________________

I was surprised when Bella rode a motorbike to school. I didn't know she had or even knew how to ride a motorbike. Everyone looked at her like they did when she first came here.
She parked in her usual spot and walked most likely to her form room.
My day went slow, waiting for school to be over so that I could go hunt. Class ended and I was on my way to the cafeteria. I shared lunch with Bella and Alice but I guessed it would only be Alice from now on.
Before I got there though i found Alice standing in front of Bella, with an annoyed look in her face.
"Bella, what you said last night about tattoos wasn't nothing so tell me what it was about. And you broke up with Edward, why? Because you're leaving Forks? That's not a very good reason Bella" Alice demanded.
Bella ignored her and kept walking, but Alice just walked beside her, not giving up.
"Bella please, tell me what's going on" She pleaded.
As Bella opened her mouth and was about to say something the sound of a well maintained Chevy Impala rumbled in the distance.
Bella smiled as she ran to the edge of the parking lot. The Impala stopped in front of her and two males got out in synchronisation. She ran towards and crushed them in a hug. When they broke the hug she slapped the short one on the arm. Hard.
"Ow Bella what was that for?" He scowled.
"You promised me that you wouldn't bring Sam back into this. He's supposed to be in college" Bella glared.
That must be Dean she slapped.
"Yeah well you guys are gonna need my help. We got your suitcase from your house. Did Charlie even say you could come?" Sam intervened.
Charlie? Allow this? Yeah right.
"Yeah, but I need to ride my bike to wherever we're going. So where to first?" Bella asked.
I stand corrected.
"Tattoo parlour then Jericho. We need to get you the Anti Possession tattoo. And Dad was in Jericho last. There was a case up there and now he's missing. Sam'll show you the voice message he left me on the way" Dean explained.
Case? Bella's going to get a tattoo? No.
"Don't you remember the last tattoos we got? We got drunk and apparently we got tattoos. Dad almost had a heart attack when he found out" Bella informed them.