8.1 - A Lustful Red Dress

It was the morning after the ball. The rays of a new day shone brightly through my auburn stained windows. The taste of red wine still staining my lips, I rub my belly and turn to the closest basin. Morning sickness overwhelms me, "I guess you're not a fan of last nights cup?" I chuckled, trying to soothe the life within me.

I waltzed over to my windowsill and begin to read this weeks book from Henry and I's library visit.

Soon enough, Sir Thomas strides through my chambers, unannounced as per usual. "Can I help you with something Sir Thomas?"

He keeps his distance, which I can only assume is his way of barging in with a hint of more respect than the last time, "the King would like a moment with you in his dining quarters."

"Of course, I'll get Maria to prep me."

"I will inform his majesty." Sir Thomas said before storming back out, "oh and Scarlett," I turn to face him, "wear something red. After seeing you last night, it's his new favourite colour."

Sir Thomas led me to Henry's dining quarters. The room was divine, generously filled with golden frames and smug faces. A long, dark mahogany table laid in front of me, Henry sitting at the head of the table, where he belonged. I waltzed over towards him, his vest matching marvellously with my crimson gown.

"I love you in that colour Scar," Henry breathed against the warmth of my hand.

"The colour also suits you well, your majesty," I admitted, twirling before him. I look over towards a beautiful hexagonal box, coated in gold and blue. "What is this?" I probed, curiosity consuming me.

"Open it." Henry spoke.

My heart fluttered as a gasp escaped me

My heart fluttered as a gasp escaped me. Inside the glorious box were jewels so beautiful, it would put the sky to shame at dusk. "They're beautiful-" I sang, falling to my knees beside his chair.

"You need not tempt me with jewels my King, I come to your bed freely

"You need not tempt me with jewels my King, I come to your bed freely." I bid.

"Yes," Henry pulled me onto his lap, untying my hair and running his hands through. "These are not gifted to you with strings, these are my way of showing you how special you are to me." He began, before standing me up and trailing kisses down my neck towards my chest.

"And as much as I love your chest most when it's bare," He admitted, ripping open my blouse and attending to my left breast, "It would mean the world to me if you would wear these. It would make me feel like I'm always with you, even with the duty of our country tears me away."

"Hmm," I hummed, playfully pushing Henry down back to his seat and begun lacing my bodice. "I'll consider it." I giggled, "but as for now, I have to go back to my room and finish the last chapter of this weeks book. So I'll go now and finish that book, and you can stay here and finish yourself." I said before taking the box and leaving Henry alone with himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst finishing the last few lines of this weeks book, Tyson strode into my chambers.

"How did this one end?" He probed, before placing a kiss on the back of my head.

"How they all do, a sweet happy way. Full of promise and desire." I shrugged.

"Just like how our story will end." He beamed.

I faked a laugh and closed the book.

"I wish I was able to read the words that fill your eyes with such emotion," Tyson said, wiping a tear from my cheek.

"I will teach you." I sung, grabbing the palm of his hand and kissing it gently. If it wasn't for my aunt and uncle, I wouldn't be able to read, sing or place myself so elegantly. "Although, written words mean nothing. Fictional stories are just that, fictional. The best story of all is the one that we are living right now." I said, trying to sound hopeful. But I feared our story was not destined for a happy ending.

Quickly changing the subject, "I heard you have dinner tonight with the King," Tyson spoke.

"Yes, I shouldn't be too long."

"Should I come back later tonight to see you?" Tyson probed.

I know this was a masked question. He was really asking if I would be spending the night with the King.

"I'm quite exhausted Tyson, maybe tomorrow night?" I responded. I could tell by the way his eyes found comfort in the floor tiles that he would never be able to understand our situation... he shouldn't have too.

"Well I best be going," I began, "Whilst you're here, do you mind clipping my necklace?" It was one from Henry earlier today, golden with crimson rubies trailing through and a pearl dangling in the centre.

"My, what a piece. A little bit showy for you, don't you think?" Tyson spoke.

"What does that mean?" I turned around, meeting his eyes with a cold stare. "Because I'm just an orphan girl, how dare I wear such exquisite items?"

"Scar you know that's not what I meant-"

"Well, what did you mean?" I spoke firmly.

"It's over the top. It's not you."

"None of this is me. None of these lavish gowns, pieces of jewellery or alluring scents are mine. But here I am, playing dress up every day. I have nothing, I am nothing."

"Scar, you are more than the clothes on your back. You are angelic, sweet, loyal and the breathtakingly beautiful love of my life. If you were to be disguised, it would be as an eagle hiding behind the feathers of a dove." Tyson began, placing his hands on either side of my face.

"Then let me fly away, as this dove is chained and the man with the key is the King. Excuse me," I mumbled, pushing through Tyson and heading to the King's dining chambers.

 Excuse me," I mumbled, pushing through Tyson and heading to the King's dining chambers