Is This What Love Is?

Začít od začátku

"Oh uh. I-I didn't realize my head was down" Lying through my teeth.

He leans himself back up into the same stance"Lift your head up Y/N. I need to see that beautiful face of yours during our workshop today. Understood?" He says with a smile that still made my feel like my heart was going to explode to bits.

I slowly lift my head to meet Namjoon's welcoming face. "There goes that beautiful face." Winking at me. "Please take a seat and we'll get started"

Fuck, I can feel my face heating up like a pot of boiling water so nod my head and pretty much power walked to my seat with Jennie, Amber and the rest of the group. My body was burning up with so much embarrassment, that faint gust of wind coming from the window, hit against my damped skin sending light shivers to my body. I'm surprised he hasn't noticed my appearance since almost everyone in here keeps mentioning about it.

After Namjoon closes the door, he sets his books and several sheets of paper at the desk. He sits down on his chair, puts on his glasses as usual and focuses his attention to the room.

"Good morning everyone I hope all is well this morning. I hope you're recovering very well during your treatment here so far. Before we begin I want to ask this very simple question. Nothing complicated. Well, I hope it isn't" He chuckles at the thought and everyone joins in as well. "What is love?"

The room goes uncomfortably quiet once everyone heard his surprising question. What is love? From my understanding since being in this mental hospital, this workshop is supposed to help me figure out why I'm mentally unstable. This is a workshop about healing through poetry, right?  What does love have to do with my recovery? 

I saw a hand being raised from across the room and Namjoon focuses his attention to the patient. "Love is about having an emotional connection with someone" a young male patient , looks to be in his late 20s, answers.

Namjoon hums with approval "That's a good statement. Anyone else?" He says looking around the room until he sees another hand raised and point to that patient.

"Love is about the heart." Another male patient, probably in his late 40s, answers.

"Yes! It's definitely from the heart. Anyone else?"

"Love is about having a physical connection with your significant other" An older female patient, about 40-45 years old, answers.

"You mean intimacy, right?" Namjoon corrects her and she shakes her head yes.

Something about the word intimacy or physical connection makes me sick to my stomach. They also made me a bit scared thinking about it.

"Having physical and or sexual intimacy is part of love." Telling by how uncomfortably quiet the rooms was he make a slight chuckle as he takes his glasses off. "I know sex is an uncomfortable topic to talk about but we're all adults here and like I said many times before, it's all confidential. Anyone else cares to answer of give an opinion?"

The room still remained painfully silent. Nothing but the sounds of the light winds blowing in and out of the room. I sink my body into my seat hoping someone would answer or to finally start this workshop. Just when I though I was safe, Namjoon looks over to my table and calls out my name.

"Y/N how about you? Do you have an opinion on what love is?" 

What the hell!? Why did he have to call on me? All eyes were on me and I felt another rush of anxiety build up in my body. I couldn't come up with anything at this point. I have no idea of what love is and why it so important. I felt a slight nudge on my arm only to see it was Jennie who nudged me.

"Y/N say something" She whispers softly.

With a slight tilt of his head he asks me again. "Y/N?" He says in a soft tone "Do you have anything on your mind?"