PROLOGUE

Her heart is broken... and a heartbreaker is willing to mend it...

-----------------

(Belle's POV)

My name's Maybelle. Some of my close friends call me May or Belle. My father is French, and my mother is Filipina. I have four older brothers. We lived in Paris, but our parents decided to start a new business in the Philippines since year 2003.

I admire my father so much that I adapt all his hobbies: playing golf, horseback riding, mountaineering, skiing, archery, and collecting of different automobiles. He also taught me to start investing in early age. He said that I should engaged myself in the business stock management. It would help me to gain expertise in planning and prediction. And he said that this would also help me to notice how sometimes our desires prompt us to act without thoroughly thinking of options in front of us. That's the thing he wanted me to prevent--- impulsive thinking.

Since I was a child, I am eager to learn everything and anything. My father was pleased with that. He said that I had a sense of responsibility in my young age. He taught me to express my own ideas, to make friends, to cooperate with other children and adults, and become accountable for my actions. They enrolled me in a Montessori school in Paris at an early age. I'm 3 years old when I started schooling and I took Business Management course in college. I continued the rest of my school years in the Philippines.

My parents wanted to expand our family businesses, part of their plan is to setup their own children for arranged marriage, me included. When my older brothers reached their 21st birthdays, they were introduced to their soon-to-be wives, women they don't have feelings for--- a complete stranger. I fear for that day too, especially after I realized that I like girls more than boys when I was in my teen years. I kept this as a secret from my parents because I am aware that they will disown me if they learned about that. I hate the fact that our parents thought of us as their investments rather than their beloved children. But we love them, so we couldn't disagree with them.

I became a rebel on my own; a heartbreaker. My parents thought that I'm having fun with different guys just to spite them. But they don't know that I really flirted with girls everywhere I went. I wanted to find that special someone; someone that will complete and make my life colorful. Others see me as a fun-loving person. I smile often even though I don't feel like I'm happy at all. I'm searching for someone to quench this thirst of my heart. I felt that there's something in me that I yearn for.

Having someone's heart broken because of me is like having my own heart break . I know that I'm being unfair to them. I don't want to hurt them, but I can't love them the way they wanted me to. I would stop meeting with them when they become more invested in our relationship. I always told them that we're both going too fast or we're both heading into two different directions regarding our future endeavors. And sometimes, I cut them loose when I started to care about them.

I never believed in love but then I met her. I want to be honest to myself but I'm afraid to be close to her. I'm scared that this time it's my heart that's going to be broken. It must be terrible to feel the things on the other side of my game. I'm terrified that when she knew the real me, she may never want to see or speak to me again. I don't want her or her family and friends to hate me. I don't want to hurt her unintentionally.

This wild heart of mine was already tamed by that heartbroken princess. I want to help her to mend her heart. I want to pick up the shattered pieces of her heart and I'll put it all back together. I want to show her how true love really means for us. But will she accept me when she finds out that I'm a heartbreaker?

(Zec's POV)

My name's Frincez. My friends call me Frince, Cez or Zec. My father is British, and my mother is Filipina. I only have one sibling, a younger sister. We have a family business in Vigan City but me and my sister live in Manila since grade school.

I once dreamed and planned of my perfect wedding day with the "right one". I thought that life is so easy. But it proved me wrong. My relationships kept on failing. The guys didn't impress me to the point that I want to spend my life with them.

The only person that had an impact on my life was my best friend. We were once inseparable. She understands me and accepts me just who I am. Being with her, I felt vulnerable and strong at the same time. Then one day I realized while I was looking at her, that I'm not simply seeing her as my best friend anymore. She's the only person I've ever wanted but she loved another girl. At first, I was scared to express my feelings to her. But then the day came when I couldn't contain all my bottled-up feelings. I confessed to her and that ruined our friendship. The bond between us got weaker as the time went by. That left my heart broken.

I spent some alone time to learn how to love myself again--- to have my inner peace. I stopped hanging out with our mutual friends and avoided discussions that involves her. I became my old self again, totally free from being stupidly in love with my best friend.

And then, I met this girl. She looked like a shy-type of person but she's a famous heart-breaker. The first time I saw her, I didn't pay enough attention to her beauty. I'm still caught up on admiring my best friend. When I finally moved on, we meet again. I felt this unknown feeling in my heart. Much greater than what I felt for my best friend. My dead heart start to beat again. Then I realized, I'm now under her spell.

Should I take the risk and let myself love her even if there's a chance that my heart might be broken again?

------------------------

  Follow (press the ❤️)BELLE https://www.dreame.com/novel/1970144.html