CHAPTER IV: My Princess

You're always in my dreams and now we meet at last...

-----------------

Year 2007.

A year after I graduated from college, I immediately took over one of our family businesses in the Philippines.

And tonight, my parents planned a grand birthday party for me. I am now 18 years of age and this was also my supposed-to-be engagement day, but Jojo found a way to delay it. I didn't know how he convinced our parents, but they agreed to push back the arrangement several years from now. I felt like the sun shines a little brighter on me today. What a relief!

After my birthday celebration, I sneak out of our house and went to a bar to meet up with Isa and her new friends.

Isabel started teaching from where I graduated college. She said that she needed to transfer school to resist temptations of having a forbidden relationship of a teacher and a student affair! Isa said she now realized that she's attracted to both male and female. We're now the L, G and B in the LGBTQQIA community.

I'm still having discreet affairs with other girls although I'm still thinking about that mystery girl, I saw years ago. I couldn't forget how her curly long hair covered her lovely drunk face. How I wanted to gaze on her cute hazel eyes. How I wanted to taste her full lips. How I wanted to be amazed again by her peculiar mannerisms--- her sense of humor and the way of arguing with herself.

I should have hired someone to investigate all the things I want to know about her. But I wanted to respect her privacy. And the last time I saw her, she seems happily in love with someone else.

Year 2010.

Jojo graduated from college and I partnered up with him together with Isabel on a business of our own. We provided consultancy services to mostly start-up companies. We offered to help them with some troubleshooting or production problems. Our team was dedicated to deliver the best solution to our customers. Most of our close friends became our clients.

My dad was very happy to know that I became the daughter she wanted me to be--- a successful person in business world just like him and my mom.

I lay-low on my not-so-serious relationships. I focused on my career, I wanted to save enough money and prosper the business we have so that I could live on my own when the time comes that my secret was revealed, and my parents decided to disown me.

August 2016.

Jojo invited me to join him and his friends on a mountain hike at Cuenca Batangas. Mountaineering is one of my hobbies and this is the first time he'll introduce me to his friends. J said that his close friends still doesn't know his true sexuality. All they knew was a man who spends his time enjoying himself in the arms of different women like a promiscuous teenager.

We prepared earlier than the scheduled time this morning because J said we needed to fetch one of his close friends in high school. As he knocked on the front door, I complained of a queasy stomach. Jojo laughed at me and said that I should relax and that his friend don't bite strangers.

When the door opened, Jojo widely smiled at his friend and I just stood like a statue beside him. I was so surprised! The mystery girl that made my pulse racing so fast and my heart pounding so loud, was standing right in front of me! I can't believe that the girl that always invades my dream is here! How come that I didn't know that Jojo would be the bridge between us?!

Jojo put his hands on my waist and gently pushed me that made me out of my trance.

"Oh, let me introduce you girls. Belle, this is Frincez, one of my close friends since high school. And Cez, this is my girlfriend Belle."

Her name's Frincez?! She's really MY princess!

She smiled at me and we shook hands. I averted my gaze away from her when I felt that I am blushing. I finally held her hand! It was so soft! I didn't want to let it go but she take her hand away and she looked back at Jojo.

She asked him, "J?! What are you doing here? How did you know my new place?"

"Get ready to dress for our hike today!"

"What hike? You know that I hate activities like that!"

J pushed her back inside and insisted that she should go packed her things and go with us.

As she was preparing, I interrogated Jojo.

"Hey, J! You didn't tell me that you have a beautiful princess as your friend!"

"Oh, B! She's my friend. Please don't include her in your playthings or I'll punch you to death! She already suffered enough heart break."

Suffered? My princess was hurt by someone else?! I was going to ask him what he means by that, but my girl suddenly appeared in her outdoor outfit looking hot and prepared to go. I was enchanted by her beauty once again. I wanted to pull her for a hug and kiss her endlessly and never let go.

I drove the car to our meeting place and let Jojo sat with my princess at the back to have a conversation. Looks like they haven't seen each other for years! Jojo kept on teasing her with some other girl but then I heard my princess said, "Milena's not in a relationship but I am. I'm still with ND."

Jojo exaggeratedly asked, "What?! I thought you broke up with him years ago!"

My princess let out a sexy laugh and said, "Yeah you're right! I broke up with him 'again' last week. I'm single and ready to mingle! Except with Milena!"

So, she's into boys and girls. I smiled triumphantly. I have a chance with her! But then Jojo kept on teasing her with the girl named Milena. Ouch! Looks like my princess was already in love with someone else--- that Milena girl!

I didn't hear them talk anymore. I sneak a peek on the rearview mirror and saw that my princess was asleep. Jojo moved to sit beside me in the front and chatted with me. I wanted to ask him more about this Milena girl, but my princess might hear us, so I talk about our business instead.

As we arrived at our meeting place, I saw five people all gathered there and waiting for us. We exited the car and I saw Jojo fist bumped his friends and then hugged a girl. He seems close to her too. He introduced me to her friends as her fiancée and I saw they got surprised. They couldn't believe that Jojo the playboy was already engaged to me and would be tying the knot soon.

When Jojo said the name of the girl he hugged, I couldn't help but to glare at her. And she's that Nerdy Girl I saw with my princess years ago! She's my rival? I want to laugh so hard! She's not that pretty compare to me! Duh?!

Nerdy Girl looked at my princess and said, "Hey Zec! It's been a long time!"

I wanted to tear them apartwhen I saw them hugged and smiled at each other. Isighed. Why did I feel like I'm the one who's never going to have a happy timeat this mountain hike?!