CHAPTER V: The Peak of My Heart

I could conquer anything, but not this growing mountain of feelings for you...

-----------------

We started our hike at Mount Maculot after Nerdy Girl introduced us to her work mates. I was going to ask my princess to be my partner but Jojo and the twins had other plans. They wanted to make my princess 'reconcile' with Nerdy Girl. I didn't have a choice but to follow Jojo's lead. My princess was at the end of our trail, it was her first time in hiking and I was devastated that I'm not the one assisting her. Climbing a mountain is my expertise! No pun intended!

Every time I looked back at them, I saw them holding hands. Jealousy is slowly eating me alive!

I stopped walking when I noticed that my princess held her leg as she sat on a fallen trunk of a tree. Looks like she's having cramps!

I was going to walk back to them but Jojo stopped me, "Hey, B! Let the lovers have their alone time!"

"Wait! I thought they were not a thing!"

"Soon they will be!"

I whispered, "Over my dead body!"

I walked towards them but Jojo held my arm and pulled me back. He nudged my shoulders to continue our walk. I looked back and I felt a wrenching pain in my heart as I saw how my princess stare at Nerdy Girl. Nerdy Girl was massaging her foot. I sighed in defeat and followed Jojo and the others.

Before 5 PM, we reached the campsite and waited some more minutes for the last two members of our group --- the Nerdy Girl and my princess. This is our last stop over and the guys started to pitch our tents. We're only ten minutes away from the Rockies. We planned on having an overnight camp here. While the guys started to set up the tents, some of the girl helped on setting our dinner table.

I saw an opportunity to have some alone time with my princess. I helped her on arranging the sleeping beds inside our tent. I thought I would have the chance to sleep beside her but Jojo told me to pair up the sleeping bags. They wanted my princess to sleep beside my rival!

As we talked, I told her that Jojo and I were supposed to be engaged when I was 18 years old, but we made a way to delay it. I wanted to let her know that we were just set up by our parents. I also told her that I once was a pleasure-seeker but turned into a new leaf when I started my own company. I didn't want to lie to her, so I told her half of the truth. The other half that I didn't tell her is that I'm a closeted lesbian and that I'm having special feelings for her.

After they were all done setting up, we were instructed to gather around. I sat beside Jojo when my princess chose to sit beside my rival. I gritted my teeth in annoyance! My charm inside the tent earlier didn't work!

I saw Jojo simply elbowed my princess' side then she rubbed both of her arms and her body shivered. She's cold?! I was about to get up to grab a blanket for her but Jojo patted my knee. He's telling me not to interrupt the moment again!

I clenched my fist over my chest as I couldn't take away my eyes at them! They shared a blanket and they also shared their food like a lovely couple! I wanted to use the stick I was holding to pierce the heart of my rival!

Jojo silently giggled as his plans were working. He mouthed, "10 points for you! Go girl!". Oh gosh! His gayness is truly showing!

And then, the drinking session began. I didn't know that Nerdy Girl could drink like a pro! Her boss requested a performance from us and because we're all tipsy, we agreed. Some of them danced, others showed magic tricks, and the twins made a skit show. My princess teamed up with Nerdy Girl. They went back to our tent and do things I wouldn't want to know! I'm furious!

When it's their turn, Jojo clapped his hands like he's their number one fan! My rival knew how to play a guitar! I'm a musician too! But could she play all instruments?! Because I can! Huh! I'm more talented than you, Nerdy Girl!

My anger slowly went away when I heard my princess sang. She made a cute baby voice at first. And I tried not to laugh at her silliness. But I'm hurt again when she became serious. She knelt in front of Nerdy Girl. Their faces were so close together that I wanted to rip that nerd's head off!

I clenched my fists so hard when they started to lean closer to each other. They were about to kiss! What the heck! Their friends started to take photos. I sighed in relief when they moved away from each other.

Some were whistling and shouting, "Get a room!", "You are so cute together!", "I am right! You two are a couple!", "You're so hot together!", "Compatible! Chemistry is real!"

I wanted to shout and contradict all the words they were saying! I saw my princess ran away. I followed her immediately. Before I left the camp site, I heard Nerdy Girl told the twins to look for my princess. Oh, hell no! I should be the only one looking for her!

I carefully watch her from a distance. I gave her a moment of silence before I called her name. I told her that I helped the twins to look out for her because it's already dark and it's not safe to wander alone.

When we got back inside our tent, we saw Nerdy Girl sleeping at the corner. Jojo gently pushed her and said, "Go on! Sleep with the love of your life." She nodded and sleep beside my rival. I saw her hugging Nerdy Girl from behind. I quickly turned my back away from them and covered my eyes and forced myself to sleep.

I wanted to strangle Jojo's neck! For Pete's sake! Today, I felt a hundred more times of heartbreak compared of the hearts I broke! Is this my punishment? Just kill me already! One swift death to end this long excruciating heart ache!