❦18.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪɪɪ

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

"I may be childish, but you really have to be a new kind of stupid to mess with a boy who never gives up 'till the very end,"

Calem grimaces.

"We'll see about that, Ashy-boy,"

He lunges towards me and I dive out of the way.

As he attempts to regain his footing, I make my move.

Forcefully kicking Calem in his shin, I make him lose balance.

In a swift follow through, I draw a fist and slam it into the side of his face, knocking him onto the hard brick pavement.

He yelps and clutches his cheek, his other hand clutching his leg.

"Coward! Why won't you fight like a man?" He shouts, gritting his teeth.

"You're the one who's a coward,"

"Don't-"

"Before you say something clever, look in a mirror,"

I cut him off mid-sentence.

"You piece-"

"For once in your life, just shut up and let me speak my mind,"

I sigh deeply, shaking my head as I walk over to the unconscious special ops soldier lying on the ground.

Placing my finger on Alain's neck to check his pulse, I heave a sigh of relief.

"You're making people around you suffer. Can't you see that? I can tell you are suffering too, and don't try to deny it, Calem. I'm tired of fighting, we're no longer children."

As I get back up, I hear a cluster of footsteps behind me.

I raise my hands above my head.

"It's time to put our differences aside and to stop all the fighting. I'm honestly tired of this, and I bet you are too."

Turning around, I see law enforcement surround the garden, pointing the black barrels of their rifles in our direction.

"Ash Ketchum and Calem Xavier, you will be detained for the rest of the afternoon,"

I nod without resistance and follow the officers, leaving a broken Calem behind me as officers rush to handcuff both of us.

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

Later...

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

After I get looked at by a nurse and my small wounds tended to, I'm sent to the detention area of the palace.