Chapter 10

Years later 

"What happened to John next Uncle?' the young Hobbit asked, the older one smiled and finished his story. "As John grew older, he traveled throughout the Middle Earth and told stories of how his Dragon was at first vengeful but in the end, he was a hero." "Do you believe that Smaug was a hero Uncle?" he smiled at that comment " yes my little Hobbit, I believe he was."  Bilbo closed his book and grabbed the chain he was wearing. "Alright, I think it's time you got some sleep," Frodo frowned "no I wanna hear the rest of the story." Bilbo gave his young nephew a stern look "Frodo bed now," "ok I'll go just please put the look away." Bilbo smiled and wished his nephew good night. Once he was upstairs, he opened the book again and turned to the last page, on it was the dragon tooth Smaug had given him all those years ago. He attached it to his chain and gripped it tightly, he was an old hobbit now. His hair was white and each passing day his broken heart grew weaker and weaker. He knew what was coming, he knew by mourning his heart would fail and he would be dead. Yet not a tear of sorrow was shed, he had waited so long to see his dragon and smiled as he felt his eyelids get heavy. The noise around him grew fainter and his eyesight begun to fail, he clutched his necklace as best he could and felt the world around fade away,  In seconds the great Bilbo Baggins was dead. When Frodo came down the next morning he found his uncle asleep, at first he was shooked ana angry that his uncle had died in his sleep but then he saw the smile on his Uncle's face. His sorrow then turned to happiness "your back together," he whispered to his Uncle he carefully removed the book from his Uncle's hand and begin to read it. "Once upon a time, there was a vengeful and very evil dragon named Smaug."