Chapter 4

John's POV
Throin never bothered me again after the "necklace incident" although I enjoyed being left alone, everyone still seemed to think I was freak. Over the years, the lack of family finally got the better of me and I became very depressed. I stayed locked up in my hobbit hole, all day and only came out to smoke. A couple of days before I turned 50, Gandalf showed up at my door. "Can I help you?" I asked "I believe that you can, you see a  Dragon has awoken from  hibernation and taken over the dwarve's mountain." I scoffed "why should I help, all you dwarves think I'm a freak." "Bilbo," he said softly "for the one millioneth time, that's not my name." Gandalf opened his mouth to speak but no words came out, "just leave me alone Gandalf." I said walking away "your parents told me that you were destined to be a hero, don't you want to make them proud." Gandalf asked, I couldn't bring myself to speak. I wanted so badly to make them proud but I wanted absolutely nothing to do with Throin and his dwarf followers. "I'll think about it," I told him "there's not a lot of time, I need a decision quickly." "Alright, I'll help you get the mountain back but that's it. What do you need me to do?" I asked "I need you to sneak into the Dragon's peak and steal the arkenstone back." Of course, they wanted me to be their theif that does all the dirty work, "why is this stone so important anyway?" I asked grumbling "its a family heirloom for the royal dwarves." I can't believe this, in stealing something for those blasted royal dwarves who not only bullied me but stole me from my dragon. I groaned but reluctantly followed Gandalf to the mountain, I pulled my invisibility ring that I had come across when I 'accidentally' took it from one of Throin's pockets. Once we reached the top, and Gandalf surprisingly handed me a sword. "You'll need that Bilbo," I was going to tell him not to call me that but I was to annoyed with this task to argue. I placed the ring on my finger and walked inside  The cave was packed with piles of gold and other treasures, oddly it seemed familiar to me. I spotted the Arkenstone and raced towards it but coins from the piles fell to reaval a huge black scaled dragon. I should have been terrified but I wasn't at all, the dragon opened its large eyes and I quickly searched for a place to hide.

"Well theif, I hear your breath I fell your air

"Well theif, I hear your breath I fell your air. Come now don't be shy," that voice sent my heart racing but it wasn't cause I was afraid. It was because I knew I had heard that voice before, "you smell unfamiliar to me, I've only smelled one of your kind before."

"Smaug?" I said to myself, "you seem familiar with my name, but I don't know yours who are you and where do you come from may I ask?" "Have I changed that much, Smaug I thought for sure you would recognize me

"Smaug?" I said to myself, "you seem familiar with my name, but I don't know yours who are you and where do you come from may I ask?" "Have I changed that much, Smaug I thought for sure you would recognize me." I said not meaning for it to be heard, "treasure?" The dragon asked quietly