Chapter 2

"Hey Hajime" she said. Hajime stopped "how did she know it was me?" He thought to himself "Hi" he replied.

Chiaki was a petite girl and Hajime felt he was towering over her as he sat down. He knew he was just average though. Nothing special about him, he knew that. But... Chiaki made him feel special, in ways other people couldn't. He thought that she didn't really care since she was in her game, but nonetheless he felt special around her.

Chiaki looked out of the corner of her eye and saw Hajime get his console out and load the game. He looked sad, and she cared about that. She was scared to admit that though. She wonders what was going on in his head, why he thought that way about himself or why he came to hang out with her of all people "in boring why hang out with me" she thought, he has plenty else to do I bet.

She died while thinking about him, then looked up at him while she was re spawning. "What's up?" "Nothing really, you?" " Just playing this game I guess not much else" they each wanted to continue the conversation but didn't know how, so they just played.

"Hey can you help me on this part?" Hajime asked "Sure what is it?" "Uhh this boss level, I'm stuck on it." Chiaki scooted closer to him until they were shoulder to shoulder. Hajime blushed a bit. Chiaki did too but hid it well, acted like it wasn't a big deal. She leaned over and looked at his screen, reached her hands on to the console. Hajime felt her hands over his. Hajime turned red but Chiaki didn't notice. She began pressing buttons "So, the thing is, it has a weak spot" she said "right here" she lifted her hand off his and pointed at its left ankle. She looked up at him and they made eye contact. "See?" "Yea" "Then it's pretty easy to kill" She took out the sword and slashed the weak spot super easily and defeated it without even taking damage. "Wow" he said. She lifted her hands off his game and scooted over again, but not as far this time, she wanted to be closer to him.

After that they both felt a little akward, Hajime began to play again as his blushing went away. After he was focused Chiaki closed her eyes and her faced turned red as well. They both kinda liked that.

They played a while then they had to get to the dormitory. The Reserve Course dorms are far away. "I gotta go" Hajime said kinda disappointed to leave her. They stood up, looked at eachother and said goodbye. "Hey wait" Chiaki said "I was thinking about what you said yesterday and I want you to know that you are a really cool person and you don't need a talent to be worth something, your worth a lot!" "Chiaki..." "S-sorry it just a came out" "No, it fine, thank you so much Chiaki I needed that." "Okay then, see you tomorrow?" "Tommorrow." He walked away. He turned his head to look back at her and saw her staring at him as he walked. Then she smiled and walked away.