Chapter 1

Hajime did not understand her logic, he felt like she was wrong, but he knew she wasn't. He felt useless but for the first time he felt appreciated by Chiaki in some weird way. "I have to go, I have a ton of tests" Hajime said " Hmm can you play with me again sometime?" Chiaki said, kinda wondering why Hajime was so hard on himself and had to go so quickly. "Sure" he said. "Okay, see ya" she stood up to say goodbye, the first time she looked off her game. It looked like she was surprised to see another human, her face tinted pink. Hajime rubbed the back of his neck because he was a little nervous since she was finally looking at him. He waved "Bye Chiaki" "See ya Hajime"

"See ya Hajime" the words played in his head. Her cute, innocent, gentle voice was like a song to him. He zoned back in and began working on school work. He couldn't really focus because he felt useless. "A talent doesn't define who you are, it just tells you what your good at." He remembers Chiaki's words and they comforted him. He remembered her way of comforting someone while simultaneously playing her game. He remembers the way her eyes reflected the sun- "Hajime do you know?" The teacher asked "Uhh 78x - 48 • y?" He was nervous " 62?" "Wrong, you should have been paying attention" she continued with her lecture until it was time to leave.

Chiaki sat in the back of class playing her console "Goodbye Chiaki" she remembered. She never really stared at him before or seen his whole face. He was kinda cute. She wondered why he thought he was useless, she thought he was really really cool. "Hmm" she wondered and went to the bench and waited for him.