⊱⊰ 34: Lotus Flower [Revised] ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

Arisa blinked twice upon hearing those words. Pity spread in her blood as she imagined two children trying to survive alone in the streets. Her admiration for Nala grew stronger; she had gone through many difficulties until she met her new family and Garoh. Despite looking weak, Nala was strong in her own way.

"Alright then," said Liu, breaking the brief silence, "who are the patients that need to be treated?"

Arisa walked forward. "It's me and Thelma."

Arisa patted Thelma's shoulder as if she was introducing her to Liu.

"Well then," said Liu, having a seat and gesturing at a seat opposite to his desk as if he was inviting one of them to sit there. "Since Mika isn't here yet, I can only treat one patient at a time. Who would like to be first?"

Arisa and Thelma exchanged looks, both of them expressing that they wouldn't mind being last.

"You suffered more damage than I did," said Arisa, examining Thelma's left arm, "you should go first."

Thelma smiled. "If you insist then I'll go. I hope the procedure won't take long so you can be treated soon."

Arisa's lips curved up as she watched Thelma approach Liu's desk and have a seat. When Thelma curled the long sleeves and placed her wounded arm on the table, the healer fixed his glasses and examined it carefully.

"I think I'll join Thelma to see how the healing process works." Kazuya walked a few steps forward. "I'm really curious."

"Have fun," said Arisa. "I'll join you when it's my turn."

Kazuya nodded. When he grabbed a chair to sit by Thelma's side, Liu was busy explaining something to her before he started his healing session.

Arisa decided to admire the decoration of their surroundings that only had lotus flowers as its theme. She wondered what was special about them. As she walked around the room, she stopped at the small statuette of the lady holding a flute in one hand and holding a lotus flower in the other.

For several seconds, her gaze only focused on that dark statuette.

"I see that He Xiangu's statue has caught your attention," said a voice behind her.

Arisa jumped a little upon hearing that voice. She was so focused on that figure that she didn't notice Xu's presence.

"Xu," she said, looking at him. "Yes, this statue certainly has caught my attention and these lotus flowers...I can only imagine that the healers love them."

Xu chuckled. "Yeah, sort of. It is believed that the lotus flower is the source of the healers' healing powers."

Arisa's brows arched upon hearing those words. She was curious to hear more.

"Lunara has two legends," said Xu. "One in which the moon goddess gifted its people with the Lunarian Force and the other in which the deity of healing helped Lunarians to develop healing powers by consuming her lotus flower. The lady you see in the statue is Lunara's deity of healing."

Arisa blinked as she examined the statue of the lady standing on a pond.

"That's amazing," said Arisa. "So by consuming the flower, you people gain healing powers?"

Xu shook his head. "No. We are born with the ability to control the Lunarian Force. But for those who wish to be healers, they spend years studying to convert that force into healing power. However, the legend says that the first healers consumed that flower to become one and their children were born with the ability to heal, sacrificing the Lunarian Force."