Chapter Forty: Nightmares

Start from the beginning

I start to fiddle with my wedding and engagement rings. "Where are you baba?" I ask taking a deep breath and looking out at the sky. "Please come back." I whisper and then look down at my bump. 

Our baby. I wont be able to do that alone. He has to come back! Our baby has to have a Dad. I need Zayn. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look to my left to see Jesy. 

"I need him Jes." I say and then start crying. "Where is he Jesy?" I cry. Jesy pulls me into her body and I wrap my arms around her and cry my heart out. 

"He'll come back Perrie, don't worry." Jesy whispers and plays with my hair. Where are you Zayn? 

{Jade's POV}

I sit down in the chair once Perrie walks over to the window. What was I thinking? Yelling at her like that?

"Was that necessary?" I hear the familiar voice of Leigh- Anne next to me. I look to my right and she's sitting there. Leigh's been crying and so has Jesy, who is situated right next to her. 

"No. Why did I do that?" I ask Leigh and Jesy before I start crying again. 

"Hey, hey. You have every right to be upset. Not to yell at Perrie but to be upset. You're boyfriend has gone missing." Jesy replies. 

"But Perrie's lost her husband and her baby's Dad. How come she's not crying?" I ask confused. Why does it seem that she should be more upset than me?

"Perrie's probably still processing the news. It will kick in soon." Leigh replies and then pulls me onto her lap whilst Jesy goes over to Perrie. I watch them chatting and then Perrie fall into Jesy's arms crying. No! 

I jump up and run over, wrapping my arms around Perrie. I feel Leigh join us and we all just fall onto the ground in a crying mess. This is possibly the worst feeling on Earth.

★★★★★

{Perrie's POV}

I keep tapping away at the game on my phone. We've been waiting for seven hours now and there have been no updates. The sun is starting to rise outside and Jade is sound asleep on Jesy's lap. Leigh is also asleep and Jesy is just sitting there, playing with their hair. Jesy probably woke up about then minutes ago but I've been awake the whole time. I just can't sleep. 

I watch the door open and two airport people walk in. Jesy and I both look and Jesy wakes the girls up. I start to think the worst and we all stand up to greet them.

"Hello ladies." One says. We reply with drowsy hellos and wait to hear what they're going to tell us. 

"We've just come to tell you that." That they've found the crashed plane. "The plane has docked a few terminals away."

"Pardon?" Leigh spits out. Docked! It's here. I look at the arrivals screen again. 

Flight: PJ346. Origin: New York (JFK). Status: Landed. 

It's landed! It's actually landed. Zayn. He's here.

"Which dock?" Jesy asks excitedly.

"34." One of the guards replies.

"Thank you so much!" We reply before pelting out the door. There are flashes of cameras but we ignore them. I sprint along beside Jade with Jesy and Leigh close behind. I hear all the screaming and cheering and we keep running. 

That's when I see him. Perfect dark brown quiff, brown eyes, tanned skin. Even though they all look shaken up they all still look perfect.

"Incoming!" Louis yells. Harry and Zayn turn around. I keep sprinting and Zayn drops his bags. I sprint straight into his arms and we stumble back a little.