Happy Birthday!-@storyawesome

'You ready Mary?' Chase asked me, his hands softly covering my eyes. I nodded, smiling. He slowly removed his hands. I grinned so wide I swear it almost hit the opposite wall! Sitting on the floor in front of me was the cutest little thing I'd ever seen ever in my life. A robot dog, an exact replica of a Yorkshire Terrier, which just happens to be my favourite breed. I turned around and squeezed Chase so hard that he started turning purple. I finally let go, my happiness bursting around inside me. Chase grinned.

'So, I'm guessing you like it?' 

'Yeah!' I told him, spinning back around to face the dog. I bent down and scratched it behind the ear, not caring that it wasn't real. 'It's amazing! How did you-'

'How did I know that you ever so desperately wanted a dog for your birthday but your parents refused because your house is too small for a pet and that the breed you wanted was a Yorkshire Terrier? No idea, it was just a lucky guess'. I rolled my eyes. 

'How long did it take you to make it?' I asked, smirking. Chase shrugged. 

'Couple of months. It kept breaking, otherwise I would've given it to you sooner'. I stood up again as Leo made his way into the room, his arms behind his back. He couldn't contain his massive smile, even though I knew he wanted to. 

'Hey Mary' he said, slightly over enthusiastically. 

'Hey Leo' I replied awkwardly. He tried adding a bit of sass to his smirk, but it ended up making him look like a one eyed goat. 

'Happy birthday' he said, revealing a horribly wrapped bumpy thing covered in tape. I took it, angain feeling a bit awkward.

'Thanks' I told him, smiling. It's the thought that counts, right? I tore off the clump of silver paper and tape, finding a Batman action figure with Leo's face super glued on to it. I spun it around in my hand.

'Wow' was all I was able to say. But Leo wasn't listening. Instead, he was staring at the robot dog eagerly. 

'Cool dog' he said bending down to touch it.

'Don't you dare touch it!' Chase told him sternly. Leo rolled his eyes.

'Please Chase, it's me!'

'That's what I'm afraid of' Chase said under his breath. Almost on cue, Leo pressed a small button and sent the dog rouge. Leo screamed several times before actually registering the fact that the dog had a funnel to shoot lasers out of. Davenport walked in at that moment.

'Leo, what's wro-'. And that's when the dog fired it's first laser, right at Davenport but missing by a centimeter. He screamed, almost as bad as Leo. Tasha, Adam and Bree ran in the room, regretting it as soon as they saw the dog firing. 

'Cool' Adam breathed. 

'Donald!' Tasha cried. 'What on Earth have you done!?' 

'It wasn't me!' Mr Davenport pleaded from behind the couch. Tasha glared at him. Bree sped across to where Chase and I were hiding behind the sofa. 

'What is going on!?' Bree demanded. 

'It was Leo!' Chase yelled over the noise of the dog. 'Why did I put that button on?' He then muttered under his breath. 

'Well don't just sit there sulking about it!' I screamed. 'Do something!'

Chase nodded and ran over to Adam, followed by Bree. They discussed in a sort of hunched triangle and then nodded. They split up. Adam fired at the dog with his heat vision, while Chase and Bree snuck up from behind it. Their eyes met each other for a moment, then Bree pounced on the dog, bringing it onto it's side. The dog kept firing while wriggling around, trying to break free. Chase sprinted over to it and started fiddling with some of the buttons. After several minutes and most of the living room destroyed, Chase finally managed to switch it off. The dogs eyes dimmed and the laser funnel dropped. It was dead. Everyone crept out from their hiding spaces and looked around at the room. It was a bomb site. Pretty much everything was broken. Davenport tried to brighten the mood.

'Well, at least the insurance company will pay for this damage' he said lightly. I ran over to Chase.

'Mary, I'm so sorry about this' he apologized. 'I probably just ruined your birthday... again'. I thought back to last year when he accidentally set fire to the kitchen. 

'Are you kidding?' I said through heavy breaths. 'This was honestly the best birthday I've ever had!' I lept on him and gave him a tight squeeze. He stared at me, honestly confused. 

'You sure?' He asked.

'Yeah! First you made an amazing robot dog, which is the best present I've ever gotten, even if it did try to kill us. Secondly, the dog literally destroyed the house! Can't you see how cool that is!?' Chase grinned. 

'Yeah, I guess it is'.