Boys these days-@dearhayes

I stood outside of his house, dead nervous of meeting his family properly. I cleared my throat and started pressing down the creases that seemed to fold up in my new blue Dotti lace dress, which I'd been saving up for since forever just for this occasion. Once I was sure that I'd finally gotten rid of all the creases, I stood up straight, and, hesitantly, knocked on the door. I heard some muffled mumbles coming from inside the house, a whole conversation that was quickly being finished on my account. I looked back down at my dress, wondering whether it was presentable. Maybe I should quickly run home and change... 

Too late. He opened up the door and smiled down at me. 

'Hey there my overly gorgeous girlfriend' he said with a smirk. I smiled.

'Hey there my overly handsome boyfriend' I replied, seeing as that's what we say every time we meet. Adam grinned and embraced me in a tight hug, lifting me off the floor in the progress. He kissed my cheek and placed me back on the ground. I coudn't help grinning as I brushed my hair out of my eyes. 

'Right, so, just a quick warning, but my family can kind of be a bit...' he paused, searching for the right word. 'Weird' he said finally. I smiled. 

'I think I can handle it' I quickly reassured him. He nodded, not exactly convinced, but walked in the house anyway. I followed nervously. I've never met Adam's family before. We go to different schools, and we always meet up alone. I looked around at the house, almost feeling embarrassed at the sheer size of my house compared to his. I finally registered the six spectators in the background, all staring at me. The women, presumably Adam's mum, ran straight up to me and hugged me tightly, babbling on about how lucky I was to have Adam as a boyfriend. She finally let go and wiped her eyes. One of the older men came forward and put his arms around the woman.

'Sorry about that' he said. 'My wife can be a bit emotional sometimes'. He extended his hand and grinned when I took it. 'Donald Davenport, and this is Tasha' he introduced. 

'Nice to meet you both' I said shakily. 

'She's my step-mum' Adam clarified. I nodded. The other older man then announced his presence loudly. Douglas, Adam's uncle. All that was left were the three younger kids, two boys and one a girl. The girl smiled and introduced herself as Bree, Adam's younger sister. The smallest of the three was next, Leo, who was Adam's step-brother. The last boy nervously rocked on his heels, not saying anything but kept on looking at me. 

'That's Chase' Bree told me. I cleared my throat nervously.

'Um, I'm Laura. It's really nice to meet you all' I said, trying to look at everyone while saying it, but my eyes were instantly draw to the boy, Chase. 

'Well,' Tasha said, clapping her hands together enthusiastically.  'Dinner's on the table, so help yourself!'

Everyone made their way to the extremely long table, except for Chase, who shuffled off to the side of the room. I tapped Adam and pointed to Chase.

'Is he OK?' I whispered. 

Adam nodded, but went over to him to make sure. They tried talking hushed, but I could still make out a few stray words.

'You alright?' Adam started.

'Mmm?'

'Chase?'

'...Lucky...'

'... D'ya mean?'

'... Girl... Like...'

I then tuned out, not able to make sense of it all, and helped myself to some chicken. Soon after, Adam and Chase returned, not able to look at each other. I finished my mouth full and asked Adam if everything was alright. He nodded unconvincingly. I looked across the table and watched as Leo spilt his soda all over Chase. 

'Leo!' Chase moaned, looking at the massive stain on his shirt. 

'Oh for gods sake Leo' Tasha muttered. 

'Sorry' Leo mumbled from a mouth full of peas. 

Chase and I stood simultaneously. I rushed to his side and helped him mop it up, badly I might add. I caught sight of Adam in the corner of my eye, and from what I could register from his facial expression, he didn't look very happy. Chase stomped off, glaring at Leo in the process, who shrugged casually as if this sort of thing happens every five minutes. I ran after Chase and caught him just before he entered, what looked like, the bathroom.

'Hey, you OK?' I asked quickly, slightly out of breath. He nodded and smiled slightly. He looked down at his feet and clumsily shuffled from foot to foot. 'Is anything going on between you and Adam?' I asked after a while. 

'In more ways than you can imagine' he snorted. I bit my lip. We were in silence for a while until I decided to make conversation. 

'Chase, I-' I started, but was interrupted by the impossible. Chase leaned forward and suddenly kissed me! I stood there, shell-shocked, yet slightly enjoying it. I pulled away, unable to say anything. 

'Sorry' Chase whispered, and ran away embarrassed. I didn't go after him, I just stood there.

Chase Davenport, my boyfriend's brother, has a crush on... me!

___________________________________________________________________________________

There you go :) Sorry it took so long and that it's pretty crap... if you want me to change something in the story then just say 'cause I'll be happy to change it :) Pic of Laura's dress to the side ---->