You're The Key-@smarti36

It's been a year now since Ethan and I's bionics had been turned off, which means it's also been a year since our dad was killed. He died turning them off since the FBI was on our trail, but something went wrong with the electrical wires and he ended up getting electrocuted. He'd almost finished wiping our bionics but he was halfway through mine at the time, which means I've still got one of my bionic abilities: super intelligence, which is extremely helpful at times. Loosing my bionics also meant I lost my ability to hear. In other words, I'm deaf. I was born deaf but our dad included the ability to hear in my bionics. It was the most amazing thing that'd ever happened in my life. Mum had recently died too due to a cancer in her heart, so we were doing our final pack before heading off to the orphanage. I decided to look through dad's research and see if anything was worth taking. I came across a document labeled Bionics and quickly flicked through it before disposing it, we wouldn't be needing it anymore. My eyes came across a short paragraph about turning bionics off. I sighed and started closing the file, as it was the last page, when a piece of paper fell out. I hadn't seen it before. My eyes scanned the scribbled writing and I gasped. I quickly ran over to Ethan and shoved the paper into his hands. He read it, his eyes wide. He smiled and turned to me, using sign language to communicate.

Do you know what this means!? He asked. I nodded and smiled.

All we have to do is find these other bionic kids and we'll get our bionics back! I signed back excitedly. He grinned which was quickly replaced by a frown.

There is a problem about this he told me. We don't know where they are. I nodded, my brow furrowing as I thought of possibilities. One suddenly came to mind.

We could look through one of those yellow books, the one with everyone's number and adress in it. Ethan thought about this for a moment, reciting the possibility over and over in his head. Finally, he sighed.

It's better than nothing he told me with a slight smirk. My eyes lit up and I ran into the study where we kept all the phone books. I flicked open the thick book and scanned the page for one name in particular: Davenport. I looked up at Ethan and pointed at the name. 

They live in Mission Creek, in America I told him. He frowned, gears whizzing around in his head. I sighed. It's not that far. We can take the bus. He nodded and grabbed some money that our mum left us. I ripped the page out of the book and shoved it into my pocket. After a while of packing, we were ready. 

***

The bus ride took about three hours to get to Mission Creek. It was around eight o'clock when we got into town. I jumped off the bus and looked around, my eyes taking in every detail. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around.

Denise, we should get off the street my brother told me. I couldn't hear anything but I could see angry drivers shouting at us, a big traffic jam forming. I nodded and ran off onto the footpath. Ethan hailed a cab. I saw Ethan and the driver having a small conversation, their mouths moving rapidly. What's the address, Denise? Ethan asked. I handed him the paper and he quickly told the driver. The driver nooded and slammed down on the accelerator. I guess Ethan told him that we're in a hurry. 

***

The cab pulled up outside a huge house, a mansion. I stared at it in awe. Those Davenports are so lucky! Ethan quickly paid the driver and stood beside me, gazing up at the house. 

This is it he signed with a slight smile. I returned it and took a deep breath, knocking on the giant oak door. It didn't take long for a response. A tall, muscular boy with dark brown hair and brown eyes opened it. He stared at us before yelling something behind his shoulder. A smaller boy appeared, one that made my heart race. He had sort of spiky brown hair and hazel brown eyes which sparkled when he smiled. Ethan introduced us and explained why we were here. The tall boy kept asking the shorter boy questions which were replied with an eye roll and a very slow spoken answer. After Ethan finished explaining, the short, charming boy said something. Ethan translated for me. He's going to take us to see his dad, Donald Davenport, who was dad's work partner. I nodded. I saw the tall boy say something, confusion was plastered on his face. The hot boy nudged him. Ethan laughed. He wants to know why we're using sign language. I giggled. Ethan quickly filled him in on me being deaf. The boy nodded, still a bit confused. The gorgeous boy gestured for us to follow him. We followed the two boys down a lift and into this cool high tech room. He said something to Ethan. This is their lab he explained. He pointed towards a man in the corner of the room talking with the cute boy. That's Donald over there, we're going to get our bionics back! I grinned happily, waving at Donald. He waved back and walked over to Ethan, explaining to him what we have to do. He says we need to get into one of those tubes, touching either the tall boy, Adam, or a girl, Bree. I nodded. 

What about the other boy? I asked, nodding in the cute boys direction. 

Chase is going to enter the key which is implanted in his finger Ethan explained. I smiled. Chase, such a cute name. A sudden rush of air whirled past Ethan and I, making my hair fly around in crazy directions. A girl came into view. That's Bree Ethan said. 

I guessed I signed back sarcastically. I could see this look in Ethan's eye, telling me immediately that had a crush on her. I giggled. Donald motioned for us to step inside the capsules, filling Adam, Bree and Chase in on their instructions. I stepped into the first capsule I saw, the on the left. I realized that it was Adam's. We held hands, he had a such a hard grip on me that my hands started going white. I didn't care. I glanced over in Ethan's direction where he held Bree's hand awkwardly. The capsule door closed, making us a bit squashed. I watched Chase put a silver key, which was attached to his index finger, into a small slot in the cyber desk. I closed my eyes as everything around us went a blinding white. What felt like half an hour went by, even though I knew it was only about five seconds, and we stepped out of the capsules. I watched Ethan super speed around the room, making six figure of eights before stopping in front of me. I heard him giggle, a giggle I had missed so much, a giggle of happiness that came rarely out of my brothers mouth. I gasped. I could hear! 

'Are you OK Denise?' He asked, signing it just in case. How much had I missed hearing his soft voice. I smiled, my breathing shaky.

'Y-yes' I stuttered, still getting used to using and hearing my own voice again. Ethan grabbed me and pulled me into a strong hug, my bones cracking from his super strength. We let go of each other and I started testing my bionics out. Molecular Kinesis, yes. Super senses, yes. Force field, yes. Levitation, yes. Flying, yes. I looked over at Chase. He had a knowing look in his eyes. He walked over to me and spoke extremely clearly. 

'So, you have the same bionics as me?' He asked. I shrugged. God, his voice was sexy. 

'I guess so. What bionics do you have?'

'All the ones you just demonstrated, minus the flying'. He sighed. 'Does this mean you also have super intelligence'.

'How'd you know?' I asked, even though the answer was obvious. 

'I had a hunch' he shrugged, causing me to laugh. 'I guess I'm not the only one then' he said with a smile. 

'I guess not' I said softly, automatically leaning in for a kiss. Our lips touched. Wasn't that how it happened in movies? The girl kisses the boy, he kisses back and they live happily ever after? He hesitated for a bit. Shit, what did I just do!? Talk about embarrassing! He pulled me in closer, hugging me tight, and kissed me back.

'When you're done' a voice behind me said. I guessed it was Donald's. I turned around reluctantly to find Donald looking at us, his arms folded. He cleared his throat. 'So, Ethan, Denise, um, since you guys are orphans, do you wanna, maybe, live with us?' He asked. I looked over at Ethan and nodded. 

'Yes!' We both screamed in unison. Donald smiled. 

'Welcome to the family' Chase whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled. Maybe after a hurricane, a rainbow really does come. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 Here you go! Hope you like it. I have to admit this imagine was quite hard since Denise was deaf but I hope it's meets up to your expectations! Let me know what you think of it. Just so you know the italics are the sign language convos