Chapter Seven

"Mommy, can we go get ice cream?"

"I don't know babe go ask your daddy." She tells me. I run off to go ask my daddy but when I step into the living room everything gets dark and gloomy. On the couch I see my dad sitting there holding his belt and drinking a beer.

"What do you want brat?" He asks me.

"I was wondering if me and mommy can go get ice cream." He glances over at me and stands up really fast.

"What do you think I'm made of you little bitch, because last time I checked it's not money." He says all this while periodically pointing the belt in my face. Right when I think he will swing, mommy comes in and grabs my shoulders and holds them.

"It's ok babe we can get you some later," she tells me but daddy didn't like that. He grabs her by the hair and pulls her to him. He pins her to the wall by her neck and hear her trying to breath but not being able to.

"No you won't bitch. She is not getting ice cream because I don't see you bringing home the money," he yells at mommy. While this was happening I have tears running down my face and I'm screaming for him to stop hurting mommy but he doesn't.

"Bailey go to your room," mommy tells me barely being able to get it out.

"No mommy don't ma—" I beg her but she cuts me off.

"B-Bailey pl-please go to y-your room," she says. I shake my head no and sit down on the stained floor.

"Bailey go! Bai-Bailey," she keeps repeating my name until her voice turns into a male voice. 

I open my eyes to see the sun. Holy crap, I slept in dad is going to kill me.

"Dad, I'm sorry. I'm getting up now please don't punish me. I'm sorry I didn't fix your breakfast," I start begging him. I feel a hand touch my shoulder and I flinch a little.

"Hey Bailey, calm down. It's just me. Your ok." That's right, I'm at Will's house. I slowly look up at him and meet his eyes.

"Come on, I made you breakfast," he says and I look at him. God, this situation is so weird. I never would have thought that someone else would make breakfast, and just hearing that makes me smile a little bit. He holds his hand out for me to grab, I hesitate for a minute but then I grab it.

He takes me down to the kitchen and gives me my breakfast. God, it looks so delicious. The last time I had pancakes was when my mom made them for me and my dad. I scarf down the food, all the while he has a huge grin on his face.  I pick up my plate, go to the sink, and start the water.

"What are you doing?" He asks me while walking up behind me.

"I'm washing the dishes."

"You don't have to."

"Yes I do."

"Ok...how about I'll wash, you dry," he says and I nod my head.

After we finish washing and drying the dishes, he lets me get ready even though there is not much to do. I change my pants and I go down stairs.

We go outside to his car and we drive to the school. After a few minutes of driving, we are at school. When we get out of the car we automatically get stares.

"What the fuck are all y'all looking at?" Will yells to all of them, and they all turn their heads. He holds out his hand and grab it, then we head inside.

625 Words