Chapter 2

"Aye! That shit was fuckin craaazy! Bodies dropped like a mutha fucker, homes!" Paco exclaimed jumping up and down as the trio ran through an alley way away from the party.

Gabriel glanced back and slowed his pace to a jog before coming to a complete stop to catch his breath. "It was  fuckin unnecessary!" He said gasping for air. "That's one too many bodies we caught, ese. One, Paco, we had one job tonight!"

Gabriel shoved Paco into a pile of abandoned boxes and plywood behind the local corner food spot. Paco immediately bounced up and shoved him back.

"Aye, vato! Them mayates we're gonna cap us, foo! I ain't had no choice!" He stressed furiously.

Theo glanced back and forth at the two bickering friends. He sighed and ran a hand over his slicked back hair tied in a ponytail. As always he had to play devil's advocate.

"You did have a choice, idiot! You took lives!" He shouted vigorously. He jabbed his index finger to his own head harshly, "Think about what Ricky is gonna at about this shit!"

"I can't believe you're being such a pussy! Ricky will be proud I took em out." He retorted.

"Proud?! You so fuckin stupid," Gabriel scoffed. "One assignment! To scope the fuckin place, ese! You gon get one of us killed, perro. But it sure as hell ain't gon be me."

"Whatever, maricon. You too soft for the game," Paco said shaking his head. "You know, you right. I am stupid. Stupid for ever getting jumped in with you, 'cause now, you dead weight on my rep, and everyone knows it. Even all the OGs, tu papa included."

"Paco, stop." Theo said hearing enough. He put his hands up to keep both boys at bay as he seen Gabriel's eyebrow twitch. He'd seen that all familiar look many times before when Paco had hit a low blow by saying something slick.

"Man, I'm out. I got better shit to do besides sitting here with my thumb up my ass." Paco said walking off.

Gabriel watched his movements closely. Paco was a ticking time boom. He was just patiently waiting for him to go BOOM.

Gabriel looked at Theo who gave him a sympathetic half smile. "That menso, is too fuckin much sometimes."

"Not even sometimes anymore, Theo. It's all the fuckin time now. It's really starting to piss me off." Gabriel seethed.

~*~

"G, tell Paola to stop tryna be a cholita. She too pretty girl for this life homes!" Theo teased laughingly as Gabriel walked through the Santee High hallways with his arm around his girlfriend Paola.

Gabriel shook his head while Paola rolled her eyes with a pop of her bubblegum.

"Man, you just wished all the other hynas in the crew was as fine as mine, so you had a down ass chick to flex." Gabriel remarked with a smirk as he leaned down to give his girlfriend a kiss on her forehead.

Paola was beautiful, long curly hair passed down to her from her Dominican heritage, pretty pink pouty lips, caramel complexion, big doe brown eyes, and a body like Shakira, and she always made sure to flaunt it with her uniform shirt tied in the back with a hair tie to accentuate her figure, she always wore high top red or black converse, and her pretty face was always flattered with bold red lipstick. The only flaw she seemed to have was her bad attitude.