four

"if i have yours, let me know"

His teeth are chattering behind his blue lips as he curls in on himself to try and conserve warmth. It's still raining—harder now, actually— and he is soaked to the bone, his light t-shirt and thin sweat pants providing little protection from the cold water. Yet, he can't even feel it.

Maybe it's because it's so cold he's lost all feeling in his body and is numb to the piercing spikes of raindrops hitting his skin. Maybe it's because all he can think of is Jeongguk's voice saying:

"He isn't the kind of guy anyone would be around, let alone love."

"He's loud and obnoxious, nothing like an omega should be."

"He's a useless omega, he only cares about himself."

Like it's on a damn Instagram loop that he just wants to scroll past but he can't escape it because it's everywhere.

Or maybe it's because he's dreaming and all of this isn't real.

But it's a not a dream, it's a nightmare.
One that he probably is living at this moment because something hits his face and he feels it.

"Oi, Taehyung!" A rough voice cuts through his thoughts. He blinks, eyelashes struggling to block the rain, but it's too dark to see much anyway, so it's useless.

The hit to his face was apparently caused by a hand, a slap, most likely, if the burning sensation is anything to go by.

"Easy!" The voice yells over the rain, probably with intentions to calm him, but it only makes him even more nervous. Or maybe that's the dizziness from lack of oxygen. He's been hyperventilating on and off in the last few— what? hours? He's not sure, but the sky seems even darker than it had been when he sat himself on this curb and he's sure time has passed faster than he's been able to process.

When his vision starts to adjust to the darkness and he shields his eyes with his hand from the rain, he can finally make out who it is talking to him and his breath stutters.

"Easy, now." Yoongi says, hands stretched outward to keep a safe distance and not freak Taehyung out. But why would he do that? Taehyung is fine. His chest hurts a little and his throat burns from crying, but the worst is over. But his chest starts to ache and he thinks that maybe he's not fully aware of everything after all.

"Let's get you out of the rain, yeah?" The alpha yells, voice barely audible in the hollering winds—and through Taehyung's hands that, he hadn't realized, were covering his ears tightly.

Yoongi slowly places his hands on Taehyung's shoulders before throwing his body onto the young omega and nearly suffocating him in a hug.

As the older shushes him gently, petting his hair, Taehyung realizes that part of the reason he couldn't hear Yoongi was also because he's been sobbing loudly. He melts into his hyung's embrace and cries into his shoulder with heartbreaking whimpers.