fourteen: A Date.

Bayley's POV

2 months later.

"Excuse you!" Lex yells, glaring at an innocent amateur wrestling who just came in NXT.

My eyes widen and I shoot her a pointed look and give the poor girl a reassuring smile.

"Lex, chill out. You're scaring everybody in your way." I mutter and she rolls her eyes.

"Well, the moment that everyone will stay out of my sight, is the moment I will act civilised." She snaps back, making me regret doing this.

"Look, if you're going to act all doom and gloom, I'm refusing to do this." I say with a steadfast tone and this makes her clear up.

"Fine, okay, I'm sorry." She says, holding up her hands.

"Good. Now let's just get this over with." I say, dreading for what's in store for me.

When we've reached the acquired target, she shoots me a thumbs up and I approach cautiously while Lex hides out of plain sight.

"Hey there." I say and instantly regret it, when I am met with a confused look.

"Uh, hi Bayley?" Sami Zayn says, staring at me half confused as to why I'm talking to him.

"So, I kind of need a huge favour." I say, trying to keep my smile natural.

"Sure." He says with a easy smile which sets me at ease.

"I wanted to ask if you want to go on a date with me?" I ask hopefully and out of the corner of my eye, I see Lex throwing me another thumbs up.

Sami looks at me with wide eyes and then covers his initial shock with a cough.

"Uh, yeah sure why not." He says still eyeing me with disbelief.

"Great. I'll text you with the details." I say a bit too excitedly and he gives me a amused look as I awkwardly shuffle away.

"I don't think you have my number!" He shouts afterwards and I bite my lip, grimacing and turn around.

"Of course." I say laughing a bit too cheery.

What have I let myself into?

••••

"I can't believe it went so smoothly." Lex says impressed, sipping a smoothie.

"I can't believe he agreed." I reply, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Bayles, come on, you are a catch. No one else would think otherwise." Lex says shrugging.

"Yeah, but-" I start.

"But nothing. He knows you and your history and he is friends with Finn, so-"

I freeze at the mention of Finn and reflexively my hand goes to the purple diamond ring which is on a chain around my neck. It is under my tank top, hidden from sight.

"Shit, sorry, slip of the tongue." She says apologetic with a sincere voice

"I can't freeze everytime someone mentions his name, Lex. We are anyway good friends now, so everything's perfect." I say almost too friendly.

"So that's why you are wearing your engagement ring around your neck?" She asks with a raised eyebrow and a pointed look

"How do you?" I ask baffled

"Everytime we see Finn or talk about him or if we hang out as friends, your hand automatically goes to your collarbone. I figured it out. Bayles, you can't keep that thing around." Lex says in a soft and caring tone.