Chapter 6 - Found

Start from the beginning

Levi... Where is he, anyway?

I looked at my surroundings, and crossed my arms. He took me prisoner. And after all I did for him, this is how he repays me? Taking advantage of my stupidity to kill me? I should have known.

My eyes stung, and I covered them with my hand in case anyone was watching. Swallowing the lump growing in my throat.

He's such a stupid, oblivious bastard. I tried to become his friend, I tried to even-

"Eren."

I looked up, and made a noise similar to an animal. Standing behind the bars of my cell stood Levi.

"What in the absolute fuck do you want?" I growled.

He cringed slightly, but his expression didn't change.

"I wanted to apologize," He said, looking at the floor.

"For what? Betraying me? I thought we were friends."

He avoided my gaze. "Y-yeah. But. I also won't be putting you through execution."

I wanted to punch him. "Then what am I doing behind bars?"

"I-" He began, but hesitated.

"I thought so."

Levi looked a lot less confident then he usually was whenever he was confronting me. Even back in the woods, he was normally cocky and rude. But now he looked like he watched a newborn puppy get shot.

It hurt me to see him like this.

"Just let me go," I said. But his usual attitude revived.

"No."

"Then do something with me!"

"I won't."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. He was stubborn, but him not wanting to end my life was something new.

"So am I just going to stay here 'till the day I die?" I asked. Slowly standing up and approaching the shorter male.

He took a deep breath, and his hands clutched at two of the bars in front of him.

Gently placing my hands against his, I looked him straight in the eyes.

"Please let me go."

"But-"

"Please."

"I...don't want you to leave."

I gave him a questioning look. "Why not?"

"Because I... Don't want you to become my enemy again," He said, avoiding my eyes again. Hinting that he was hiding something.

"Well keeping me here doesn't help." 

"I know."

"Then the least you can do is get me out of here."

"You'll run away."

"No I won't."

He released his grip on the bars, and I let my hands fall to my sides as he unlocked the door. Opening it and gesturing to the outside.

I walked out, and noticed I wasn't the only one here. There were either people with my kingdom's emblem on it, or people who looked like they had just ransacked the castle.

"Are those my soldiers?" I asked. Looking in one of the cells holding four people with tan outfits.

"Yep."