|1:04|

~Valerie~

I wake up to my alarm clock going off, I get up from my bed. I stretch my tired muscles, and I get to plan out my outfit today. (Outfit above)

I quickly jump into the shower, and get my outfit on before getting a tired Anna up and dressed.

After I get food into both of ours stomachs. I grab my keys, and pick up Anna who is falling asleep on my shoulder. I lock the door, and I get both of us in the car. After getting Anna strapped in, I turn on the car and I back out of the long drive way. Once getting to the road, I head to the next available driveway.

I drive down it, begin careful to miss any bumps in the dirt road. Soon my jaw hangs as I look at the gorgeous house. It is so beautiful, but I have to get to school before I am late.

I park alongside of the house, I get out of the car and I carefully take Anna out without waking her. I pick her up, and I walk towards the house entrance. I get up to the door, I was about to knock on the door before the door opens scaring the crap out of me.

I put my hand over where my heart is, I start to laugh.

"I'm so sorry for scaring you! I did not mean too!" I hear a panicked voice apologized.

I stop laughing to see a girl who is an inch shorter than me. Her hair is black, then it is styled as a pixie. Her skin is pale, I wave my hand.

"It's fine, I needed to have a good scare this morning. Is Esme home by chance?" I asked her

The girl smiles, "Yup, she is. Esme! My name is Alice Cullen. And yours?"

I smile at Alice's excitement, "I'm Valerie, and this is my daughter Anna." I tell her pointing at Anna sleeping on my shoulder.

Soon Esme walks to the door with a smile on her face. "Hello Valerie. I see you've met Alice, one of my adoptive children." Esme said.

I smile and nodded, I look down at my watch. My eyes widens, "I wish I can stay and talk but I have to get going. I will be back at around 3:00 to pick up Anna." I tell while carefully handing over Anna to Esme.

I kiss Anna's forehead, "Okay, thank you again Esme. I will see you around 3:00!" I said before heading to school.

♧Esme♧

After Valerie leaves, I start to smile brightly. Emmett is really a lucky guy to have Valerie as a mate, but we can't tell Emmett or Valerie. Alice saw Valerie in one of her visions, and she told everyone besides Emmett.

Anna stirs from her sleep, then she settles out. I smile, and I walk into the living room where everyone is.

Rosalie is the first to stand, she stands up from next to her mate Lane. She blurs over to in front of me, "Esme, who is this little angel?"

I smile at her, "Her name is Anna, her mother is our new neighbor. I am going to watch her as her mother is going to school. But there will be no showing what we are, understood?" I tell them.

Everyone nods, Rosalie smiles down at Anna. She looks up at me, asking permission to hold Anna. I smile and carefully hand Anna to Rosalie. That is the time Anna wakes up, she looks at everyone, then she looks up at Rosalie.

At that moment she realized that she is somewhere different. Her eyes start to blur from the tears, she puts her head on Rosalie's chest.

Immediately Emmett is up and walking towards Anna. He bends down to look at Anna, "Hey there Spurt, you don't need to cry. Your mother will be off soon."

Anna lifts her head and looks at Emmett. Suddenly as everyone was watching Anna, her blue eyes change to a deep violet purple. Everyone gasps in shock, I am the first one to break out of everyone's shocked space.

"Those are the same color of her Mother's eyes, but how? Why?" I asked. Anna is still starring at Emmett, then she smiles and reaches for Emmett.

When Emmett does not move, Anna pulls back her hands and frowns.

Then Emmett does something that he has not done in forever, he gives a genuine smile at Anna.

"Don't be sad, Spurt. I love your eyes, they are so pretty." Emmett tells her as he touches her cheek.

"Momma has the same eye color, she tells me that a very special little girl can copy her momma's eye color if feeling very happy." Anna explained smiling brightly.

Emmett smiles again, "Well your Momma sounds wonderful. Do you mind if My siblings and I talk to your Momma today at school?"

Anna looks at Emmett with a thinking face, a few seconds later Anna smiles and nods at Emmett.

"Em! Hold me please?" Anna asked Emmett. He smiles and looks up at Rose asking permission. Rose nods and hands Anna to Emmett, suddenly Jasper stands up.

Everyone tenses up ready to drag Jasper out, if need be. But as Jasper walks closer, he starts to smile.

As everyone was smiling at the three, I smile at how they are getting along with Anna so well.

I just hope Emmett gets to see his mate, and be happy for the rest of his life. That is all I want for them, is to have a family that they will love and cherish always.

***Author: I am ending it here, so you can see how Valerie's first day is at school. Until Chapter 5!****
[Edited 1-6-2023]