Chapter 20: Power of Money

HYUNJI that doing her work turned her head when she heard a knocking sound and her mother appeared. Jungmi smiled to her.

"Let's eat. Breakfast is ready," told Jungmi.

"Okay," told Hyunji slow.

She then followed her mother out from the room. Minhyun already at the table and he smiled awkwardly to see Hyunji. Seunghyun is not at home as he at the hospital.

"I cooked your favorite food. Sujebi and kimchijigae. You like it, right?" Jungmi tried to cheer on Hyunji.

Hyunji just nodded and smiled a bit. She starts to eat but she felt the rice she ate like a sand that she hardly to swallow. She honestly didn't have any appetite to eat but she feels sorry to her mother that cooks for her.

"Hyunji-yah..." called Jungmi softly.

"Hmm...?" Hyunji looked at her mother.

"Let's go shopping today."

"Eh?"

********************

MINHYUN glanced to the rear view mirror to see Hyunji that sat at the back of the car. She just stared outside of the window without saying anything. Normally Hyunji's mouth will talk non-stop telling a lot of things even the story she already tell it before. Jungmi also silently turned her head and saw her daughter being silent.

When they arrived at the shopping mall Jungmi is the one who pulled Hyunji around while Minhyun just silently followed his mother and sister from behind.

"Do you need anything Hyunji-yah? New clothes? New bag? New shoes?" asked Jungmi.

"Not really. All my stuffs still as good as new," told Hyunji.

"Ah, what about we buy you a new blouse for you to go to work? You don't really have much outfit suitable for work, right?" asked Jungmi while pulled Hyunji to one of the store.

"This is pretty, Hyunji-yah! It must be suitable with you," Jungmi took a soft pink blouse and showed it to Hyunji.

Hyunji looked at the blouse and she admit that blouse quite pretty and her mother knew she really like a pink colour. She glanced at the price tag and gulped. She whispered to her mother, "But mom, it's quite pricey."

"Don't worry. You can use my card to buy anything that you want today." Jungmi winked.

Minhyun eyes turned wider to hear that, 'Did she meant the card that me and Seunghyun hyung supposed to pay every month?'

"Really?" Hyunji turned excited suddenly. "By the way, mom... I saw a really cute skirt in front and I think it might be suitable to wear with this blouse. Can I get that skirt too?"

"Really? Let's see which skirt that you want so you can try it right away!" Jungmi followed to the skirt section that Hyunji told just now.

Minhyun's jaw dropped to see Hyunji, "Wait... how come that heartbroken girl easily changed when hearing that she can shopping as much as she can?"

******************************

HE sighed while sitting on the bench that in front of the store that Jungmi and Hyunji enter. They're going to find sandal for Hyunji after they already bought sneakers, high heels and numbers of clothes from one shop to another.

Minhyun looked at all the paper bags with him that contains everything his mother bought for Hyunji using the card that paid by him and Seunghyun, "I wonder how much all of this costs."

He took out his phone and typing message for Seunghyun ;

'Hyung, don't be surprise to see mom's card bill for this month. Mom and Hyunji almost enter all the stores in this mall to cheer Hyunji up...'

"Oppa!"

Minhyun stopped typing and lifted his head to see Hyunji in that store. Hyunji smiled to him while showing off the beige colour of sandals she's trying, "It's cute, right?"

Minhyun looked at the sandals before his eyes looked at Hyunji's face. He smiled before nodded.

Hyunji giggled before walked to her mother.

Minhyun smiled and looked at his phone again to type ;

'....and it's look like we succeed. She smiles again and looks happy.'

Minhyun send the message to Seunghyun. He watched Hyunji again from outside of the store at ease feeling.

*******************************

HYUNJI looked at all the paper bags that already filling quarter of her room. She really couldn't believe on what happened today. She left the house this morning with a gloomy feeling and never end sadness because of heartbroken but on the evening she can returned home with a big smile on her face.

She smirked, "Money can't buy happiness but money still has power to heal."

Hyunji looked at the picture of her and her mother. Her mother always nagging her to not waste her money on something she doesn't need but today her mother buy everything that she didn't even ask.

Hyunji actually feels sorry to her family that also affected because of her. She realize how awkward her family feels to be around her when she turned silent and not talking as much as she used to be. That awkward situation made Hyunji felt burdened especially towards her mother that must be felt sad too because of her. She realize that she shouldn't be like that and made her mother sad is the last thing that she will do. Is that so hard for her to pretend to be happy at least for her family that already suffered a lot for all this time?

Hyunji looked at the picture when she was 4 with her late father that beside the picture of her and her mother, "Dad, everything is going to be alright isn't it? You know your daughter is a strong girl, right? I can get used to all this, right?"

She smiled and kissed the picture before put it at the place again. After that she heard a knocking sound and her brother, Minhyun appeared.

"Hyunji-yah, dinner is ready."

"Minhyun oppa," Hyunji signaled her brother to near her.

"What?" Minhyun walked to Hyunji.

"Turn behind."

Minhyun did as she asked and showed her back, "Now what?"

Hyunji suddenly jumped to Minhyun's back that made Minhyun yelled, "Yah, Seo Hyunji! You're heavy!"

"Let's bring me to the table!" ordered Hyunji.

Minhyun groaned but he did as she wished, "This little brat really..."

"Thank you oppa," whispered Hyunji.

Minhyun not saying anything as he just smiled.