Chapter 3: James

"Mom?" James yelled while walking into the house "where are you guys?"

"James, we are in the kitchen. You don't have to yell" his mother answered from his left. Walking to the doors his mom just turned to, he entered the kitchen. In the kitchen he saw his father, and two woman he didn't knew. One looked almost 10 years younger then him, while the other looked around his moms age.

"Good afternoon" he said to the lady's. He had learned his manners, and knew that if he didn't apply them his mother was going to kick his ass later. "Mother, father can I speak to you in private?" He said with a growl. He wasn't in the mood to meet a net possible mate.

"Later son" his father said. "First I want you to meet Vera and her mother." He said while he gestured to the lady's at the table.

"Nice to meet you" He said turning to the women. "I heard you're the daughter of the alpha black meadow clan" he said to Vera and put out his hand for a shake. If the skin contact en her smell didn't do anything for him or his bear, nothing will. Then he would have to look further for his mate. He didn't plan on wasting his time.

Vera looked at him with big brown eyes, never leaving his gaze. He saw that her gaze dropped for a moment at his lips and licked her own. The skin to skin contact did nothing for him, but the look and smell of arousal from her told him otherwise for her. Crap, just what I need.

"Yeah, that a no for me."

I know, same here he told his bear. He gave Vera a week smile before saying "it was lovely to meet you, but unfortunately I need to speak to my parents in private". He saw his dad brows frown and heard his mother growl behind him. Not what they were hoping for.

"It's okay" Vera said with a sweet smile, still not leaving her gaze from him. "Your parent have my contact info. Be a gentlemen and give me a call soon". She winked at him and walked out the door. His bear shivered inside him, not even wanting to think about giving her a call. But for his parents sake he give her a smile while she and her mother left his parents house.

When they were away his mother threw her hands in the air, saying "okay what's wrong with this one? She seemed to like you"

"Mom, that was lust, not like, not mate, not love. Just lust" he said back irritated "didn't I need a mate, not a play thing?" He scowled. He was so done with this mate hunt his parents were on. It wasn't like he couldn't be an alpha without a mate. Stupid rules he thought to himself.

"Son, don't use that tone to your mother" his father warned him. His father got closer to his mother and put an arm on her shoulder. "We know you need a mate, we're just running out of option" his father explained with a sigh. "Now, what do you need to talk about with us? After that I need to talk to you about clan business". He looked at the door were his sister just walked through. He knew his father didn't wanted his sister with clan issues just yet.

James took a deep breath before he explained what he talked about last night with Emma. His parents loved Emma so he hoped that, since it was her idea, they would give in. "Emma is playing matchmaker again and asked for a week time" he said. He thought about lying and saying weeks, just to get them of his back, but they would smell the lie from miles away. Perks of being a shifter

His mothers eyes widened and a big smile took place on her lips. She turned to her husband and said "Finally!" And turned back to him. "She gets a week time to find some, than you get 2 weeks time for dating." As he wanted to argue she put up a finger in the air. "Two weeks extra is a lot, seeing that you know in an instant if she will be your mate!" She said with a determined voice. He loved his mother. She knew he needed some time off, and just gave it to him on a silver platter.

He knew he had to take it. It was the only way to get them of his back. "Thanks". All he had to do now is put all his fate in Emma. Yeah this wasn't going to be easy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys like it this far. The book will be writtin as seen through Emma, James en Jordan. 

If there are any (grammar or spelling or other) mistakes, please let me know! And don't forget to vote! ^^