Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The next morning, you woke up to the sound of Karkat shuffling around the room, already dressed and pulling on some socks and shoes to get ready for the day. You sat up, then let out a small yawn and ran a hand through your hair.
"OH GOOD, YOU'RE AWAKE."
You nodded and threw your legs over the side of the couch you had slept on the previous night, then stood up to properly stretch your arms and look around.
"YOU MIGHT WANNA GET SOME NEW CLOTHES. HERE."
Karkat handed you a plain black t-shirt and some gray sweatpants, neatly folded and freshly laundered.
"I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT SOMETHING FRESHER, SINCE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO SHOWER LATELY."
You gave him a small smile as you took the clothes from him. You checked the tags on them.
"Thanks, but how did you know my size?"
Karkat blushed a light red and lowered his voice a little. "Uhm, Sollux must've told me at one point. Heh.." He scratched the back of his neck nervously.
You shrugged it off, not thinking much of this. Sollux and Karkat were best friends after all, and best friends tell each other everything. You tucked the clothes under your arm and made a whirly motion with your finger, telling Karkat to turn around. This caused him to blush deeper, his whole face heating up and becoming a darker shade of red as he turned to face the wall.
"RIGHT. SORRY."
You laughed and changed clothes, taking note that they fit you perfectly despite the unflattering style of clothing: a black sweater without a sign on it and baggy guy jeans. Hey, at least they were comfortable.
"Alright, I'm decent," you said, putting your hands on our hips as Karkat turned back around to face you. You looked at the circular platform that you had used to get here.
"READY?" the Cancer asked, grabbing hold of your hand by nature as you nodded and the two of you stepped onto the platform. You tensed up, expecting the feeling of paralyzing nothingness to overtake you once again, but nothing happened.
"What's up with this dumb machine?" you asked, stomping on it to see if that would make it work.
"Something must be blocking it from the other side..." Karkat said quietly.
You raised an eyebrow at him. "Wouldn't that just transport the thing here? Isn't that how it works?"
He shook his head. "No, it only works on people and whatever is in contact with their skin. Like clothes and stuff."
You rolled your eyes, stepping off the platform and back onto the cement floor. "Then how're we gonna get out of here? Something obviously doesn't want us back with the others."
Karkat stepped off as well and sat on the couch with his hands in his head, thinking hard. "I have no fucking clue."
______________________
Ahhh sorry for such a short chapter! I'll try and update soon, don't worry my lovely readers.