Not so Homestuck Anymore

Key: (Y/N)=Your Name

I do not own Homestuck or the characters

They all belong to Andrew Hussie

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

Reader POV

It was a warm, August saturday. You were on your way home from the grocery store, carrying a paper bag in your arm with another one hanging at your side. It was just another ordinary day. That is, until you saw him. From a distance, he looked like a perfectly normal guy, except for the fact that he was wearing a thick, black sweater. In August. Strange, you thought to yourself. But hey, I don't judge. The only problem was that you had to walk past him to get to your apartment. He was pretty short, about four inches shorter than yourself, with messy black hair and a gray baseball cap with the zodiac Cancer symbol on it. He was leaning against the wall of the parking garage, staring at the phone he had in his hands. As you got closer, you could see a very annoyed expression on his face. He looked up at you, then back at his phone, then back at you. He took a picture--probably of you-- and typed some more things, then started walking towards you. You realized you had been staring at him and turned your eyes forward, walking quickly towards your apartment building to try and avoid him. He eventually caught up with you and grabbed your wrist, looking at the ground. He muttered quietly, "Don't say anything, just follow me." His grip was tight so you didn't have much of a choice. You went along with him, figuring that you could always blow your emergency whistle if he tried to rape you or something. He led you to the back of your apartment building and tapped on a couple choice bricks.

"What are you doing?" you asked with slight amusement in your voice, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm trying to find the right brick. Now shut up!" the angry person replied.

Just then you realized his skin had sort of a grayish tint to it.

"Can you at least tell me your name?" you asked.

He sighed in annoyance. "My name

is Karkat Vantas and I need you to shut the fuck up already so I can fucking remember the code."

At this, you stopped asking questions. "Wow, anger issues much?" you muttered under your breath. He ignored this.

Once Karkat finally figured out the correct sequence of knocks, the bricks opened up like a garage door and revealed a dark, winding staircase. He started walking down them and you followed, uncertain.

"Do you have a flashlight?" you asked him. You were deathly afraid of the dark.

"No, why?" Karkat practically shouted.

"It's hard to see without light..."

"NO SHIT TROLL SHERLOCK."

You scowled at him. The door closed behind you. No going back now.