Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Karkat had started pacing around his room yet again before you finally got a bright idea.
"Why don't we just ask them where they are?"
He stared at you for a moment as if you were the stupidest being to ever exist. "What makes you think they'll answer? They probably got abducted by some shit-eating, slimy green monster things or whatever."
You shrugged and pulled out your phone. "Never hurts to try," you said as you started texting Kanaya.

{chumHandle began pestering grimAuxilliatrix}

CH: Where are you guys
GA: If By You Guys You Mean Me And The Other Trolls Then We Are At My Hive

You grinned. "Hey Karkat, they're alright! Quit worrying over nothing!"
"Really?!" He ran over and peeked over your shoulder to see what was happening.

CH: Okay cool
GA: Will You And Karkat Be Joining Us For Tea

"Wanna go to Kanaya's place for tea?"
He blinked, not quite believing how chill the situation actually was. "Oh. Yeah, sure, let's do that."

CH: Yeah we'll be there
GA: See You Then

{grimAuxilliatrix ceased trolling chumHandle}

You put your phone away and Karkat walked onto the transportalizer, disappearing before giving any instructions. You groaned at his abruptness before stepping onto the portal yourself. There was a moment's hesitation before you materialized in what you expected to be the lab or Kanaya's hive or something. Except, it wasn't. It wasn't anywhere you had ever been before. This new place had bright fuchsia walls and hissing pipes and wooden storage boxes and things everywhere. The room you were in was sort of round-ish, and it was HUGE. The ceiling must have gone up 30 feet ((10-ish meters for all you non-American readers)). The light source came from windows around the circumference of the room.
You stood up and looked through one of the windows nearest to you. The sight almost made you hurl.
From what you could see, you were in an airship of sorts, flying through the air at super high speeds. You put your back to the wall and sank down to the floor, clutching your heart as it beat super fast. Just then, the doors on one side of the room opened and someone walked inside. You dove for the closest box to hide behind and peeked out from behind it. The person who had just walked in was the very person you despised more than just about anyone at this point. It was the majesty herself, Her Imperial Condescension. She was walking next to a much shorter troll dressed as a worker.
"How's the prisoner holding up?"
"He's alright," the worker replied, "but he won't stop complainin' all the damn time."
You couldn't help but suppress a snicker. Yep, they were talking about Sollux alright.
"Do you think he'll be able to make it to our destination?"
The worker nodded. "Might kill 'im, but after that, who cares."
"Of course."
The worker picked up one of the boxes before walking out of the room with Condy.
You stayed behind your box a little bit longer. Were they serious? Would they really kill Sollux just to get to wherever the hell they were going? You weren't about to take that chance.

You somersaulted out from behind the box like a total badass, even though no one was there to see. What a waste of a perfectly good somersault. You tiptoed over to the door of the room and pressed your back against the wall to remain hidden in case anyone else came in. You peeked through the window in the door carefully to make sure the coast was clear, then opened it slowly and stepped out into the empty hallway. On the ground at your feet was a piece of paper that someone had dropped. You picked it up and unfolded it. It was a map of the entire ship that someone had conveniently dropped in front of you. Your eyes scanned the paper for clues as to where you would be able to find Sollux, or a way out. They landed on one room labeled Engine Room. Didn't someone say something earlier about Sollux being a power source? None of the other rooms looked promising, so you decided to head over there. You tiptoed through the hallways, following the map and ducking around corners to avoid being seen until you finally came across a metal door. You checked the map again, just to be sure. You had no idea what was on the other side, but something told you it was Sollux. You pushed open the door carefully, but it made a loud metalllic squeak as it swung open. The very first thing you saw in the room was Sollux, his arms and legs covered in these weird fuchsia tentacle things and his glasses replaced by pink goggles.

"Sollux!" you cried out happily, running to your now found matesprit.

Sollux lifted up his head weakly and his tired face lifted at the sight of you.

"(Y/N)!" he said back, before his face fell again. "You can't be here. Her Imperial Conthtipation or whatever will find you."

"No, I don't care about her. I beat her once, I can do it again. We need to get you out of here or you'll die!"

"But if you thtay here, you'll die."

"No I won't. Trust me."

"How are you even gonna get me out?"

"Uhmm..." You looked around the room. More boxes, like the ones in the room you showed up in, were stacked around in the corners and things. You grabbed one and pulled the top off. "Maybe there's something in one of these?"

Sollux shook his head sadly. "You won't bee able two find anything. Jutht let me die here knowing that you're thafe."

You slapped him. "DON'T TALK LIKE THAT! I'm getting you out of here whether you like it or not!!"

He looked surprised. "Well then."

You crossed your arms defiantly before searching through the box again. "Let's see... We have a crowbar, those are usually helpful!"

He shrugged to the best of his ability. The simple action looked like too much for his frail body. Come to think of it, he looked weaker and thinner than usual.

You brought the crowbar over to him and looked the situation over. "Hmm...."

There wasn't any way to pry him out. So you stabbed the bar right into the place where the tentacles came out of the floor. The tentacles reacted violently, unlatching themselves from Sollux and flailing around to try and attack you.

"(Y/N) NO!! GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE THEY GET YOU!!"

"SOLLUX RUN WHILE THEY'RE DISTRACTED! I'LL HOLD 'EM OFF!" You smacked a couple tentacles before backing up out of their reach and launching the crowbar into the place where they came out of the ceiling. The tentacles up there reacted the same way, but they managed to release Sollux from their grasp. Sollux fell to the floor and scooted away, standing up shakily and trying to run over and save you like a hero, but he was too weak from the energy suckers.

As soon as Sollux was released, the lights of the ship started flickering and the systems seemed to start failing. You could feel the ship start to tilt and fall towards the ground. That made walking even harder. You fell to the floor from the impact of one of the tentacles and tried frantically crawling away from them. Sollux was holding onto the walls and making his way closer to you, still weak and uneasy on his feet.

"Take my hand! I'll help you out!" he called to you. You reached out to him and he pulled you up to the wall right as Condy and a crowd of workers ran in to see what was wrong. She screeched when she saw you.

"YOU! I THOUGHT I HAD TAKEN CARE OF YOU AGES AGO!!" she screamed at you.

You were about to say something back when you were interrupted by a short little troll pushing the Condesce over.

"Karkat!" you called to him, delighted that someone had come to help.

"THE SHIP'S GONNA CRASH, GET OUT OF HERE!!" he yelled in response.

"HOW?!"

Karkat took a running leap at you and Sollux and burst through the window, an arm around each of you. You and Sollux both started screaming, then Karkat started screaming at you two to shut up, so the entire fall down was just everyone screaming until the three of you hit the water that Karkat had been aiming for.