Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Everyone in the lab let out cries and shouts of both fear and confusion as they held onto the walls and each other in hopes of staying upright.
"ALRIGHT EVERYONE WE KNOW WHAT TO DO. GET YOUR STRIFING WEAPONS READY AND HEAD OUTSIDE." Karkat barked orders at everyone as you trued to hold onto the wall behind you, but the surface was so smooth it was nearly impossible.
"What do I do?" you asked, the sound of terror in your voice.
"REMEMBER!" Karkat yelled at you as weapons began appearing in people's hands.
Still, nothing came to mind. But you had to go, everyone else was leaving and if you stayed here you would be crushed. Karkat held two sickles in one hand and grabbed your hand with his free one, pulling you quickly out into the tunnels right as the ceiling caved in where you had been standing not two seconds before.
You followed the leader through the tunnels, this time the trolls took a different path than you had taken to get here. After about two minutes straight of running through tunnels, there was a light up ahead. Everyone raced through it, weapons ready as their eyes adjusted to the sunlight. Karkat dragged you outside, causing you to stumble behind him. Once outside, he let go of your hand and held a sickle in each of his, staring up at the sky.
There was a huge battleship floating about 30 or 40 feet above you. Well that's new, you thought to yourself.
The next thing you know, this troll steps out of the battleship and jumps down to the ground completely unharmed like the badass she is. She wore a skin-tight wet suit and lots of jewelry, and her hair was incredibly huge.
Suddenly, you remembered she was the Condesce.
Suddenly, you remembered everyone's names and everything about them and all the adventures you had been on prior to losing your memory. You doubled over in pain and clutched your head as all these memories suddenly came racing back, replacing the fake ones you had been left with.
Then you remembered your friends. And Sollux. And everyone's deaths.
And you broke down in tears and cried.
Karkat noticed your state of emotional damage and an uplifting feeling held his heart at the thought that you might have remembered. He crouched down next to you and put his arms comfortingly and carefully around you.
"Remember?" he asked in a soft voice.
You nodded shakily.
Karkat smiled a tiny smile for once in his life and instantly ran to get Sollux.
"SOLLUX GET OVER HERE SHE REMEMBERS! (Y/N) REMEMBERS!"
Sollux turned around and looked at you as you stood up, wiping the tears from your eyes. "She doeth?" He asked hopefully, walking back over to you.
You said nothing, just hugged Sollux tightly. He hugged you back. "Mithed you, honeybee."
You buried your face in his shoulder as he kissed your head comfortingly. How had you gone so long without his head kisses before?
"OKAY, THAT'S GREAT AND ALL. BUT WE HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM ON OUR HANDS AT THE MOMENT."
The Condesce stepped closer, her golden trident raised.
"Yo who's the special one I just want her," said the Condesce. "No one else."
You began to step forward, assuming she was talking about you, but Sollux wouldn't let you.
"It'th me. I'm the one you want."
Everyone stared at him, eyes wide that he would do something like that.
You grabbed his arm. "Sollux please don't leave! Not right after I remember!" The tears began forming in your eyes again, but you wouldn't let them fall.
Sollux nodded solemnly and stepped forward to the Condesce as she grabbed his arm, leading him away to the ship.
"Thanks gills and bouys!" she called over her shoulder with an evil laugh as the ship opened up and a beam carried the two of them up into it.
"Great," you said, looking at Karkat. "Now how are we gonna defeat her? She has a huge power source with Sollux on board!"
Karkat shook his head. "I have no fucking clue. But hey, at least we have you!" He looked at you.
You scowled and crossed your arms. "Alright, leader, how and when do we get him back?"
"THE SUN'S SETTING. I GUESS ON EARTH THAT MEANS IT'S BEDTIME OR SOMETHING? WHATEVER. WE'LL LEAVE AT DAWN." Then he turned to the crowd. "ALRIGHT EVERYONE GET BACK TO THEIR RESPITE BLOCKS, THE TRANSPORTALIZERS SHOULD BE WORKING. GET SOME SLEEP TOO. YOU'LL NEED IT."
You snort-laughed a little bit at Karkat telling everyone to sleep, usually it was the other way around.
That night, you had to stay in Karkat's respite block since you weren't technically allowed to go back home yet. As you lay on the couch in his room, you went back through your memories, trying to remember as much of Sollux as possible. Then you noticed this shady area and decided to examine it in your mind. So we did pail... you thought with a smirk on your face as you closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep.