Chapter 3

(A/N) Sorry it took so long to post again, but school's finally out so I promise I will update more often!
___________________________________________________

Sollux stared at you in shock and sadness for about 2 seconds before sitting back down in his spinny chair. He seemed completely unfazed at first glance, but inside he was falling apart. How could 2he not remember? He thought. II thought II wa2 2peciial two her...
Then Karkat spoke up and addressed the rest of the trolls. "WHAT IN THE GLOBE TICKLING FUCK ARE YOU ALL STARING AT?! MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS!"
Everyone turned back to whatever they were doing.
"Okay. Will someone please explain exactly what is going on?" you demanded. You were getting sick and tired of this bullshit.
Karkat grabbed your hand and pulled you over to a circular platform about three feet in diameter in the center of the room. As soon as you both stepped onto the platform, the room around you shimmered out of view momentarily. You felt frozen in time and space, you couldn't move or see. All you felt was Karkat's warm hand gripping your own tightly and the solid platform beneath your feet. Then another room shimmered into view and you could move of your own free will once again. Karkat's hand instantly loosened from yours and you let go and wiped your hand on your pants.
"Where are we now?" you asked.
"MY RESPITE BLOCK, WHERE ELSE."
"Respite block?"
Karkat sighed and sat on the floor in the middle of the room. Then he started talking a bit quieter, which was a normal volume for him. "I guess you humans would call it a bedroom. Even though there's no fucking stupid human bed in here."
"Oh. So why are we here?"
"I wanted to explain this to you in private, this way we won't have any distractions or eaves droppers."
"Understood." you nodded.
"The reason I brought you to the lab to meet the trolls is because you, (Y/N), are the sole survivor of your game session."
"Okay, what's this game session that everyone's been talking about?"
"OH MY FUCKING GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME EXPLAIN!"
You stopped talking. Karkat explained.
"Three years ago, you and your three closest internet friends played a game called SBURB. Basically, your session was successful and your team won, but you were the only survivor besides me and the trolls. Your friends died in the game, but you survived with a slight case of amnesia. Somehow, your memories of the game were erased from your mind and replaced by false memories of how your life would've gone if you had never played the game."
"Oh... But if all that is true, why did you pick me? Weren't there survivors from other successful missions?"
Karkat shook his head. "SADLY, NO. OUR GAME SESSION IS THE ONLY SUCCESSFUL ONE, EVER. WE WERE HOPING YOU WOULD REMEMBER HOW YOU MANAGED TO BEAT THE CONDESS, SINCE NONE OF US SAW HOW YOU DID IT. THAT PART OF YOUR TIMELINE WAS BLOCKED OUT FOR SOME REASON."
"I... I'm sorry, I don't remember. Who even is the Condess?"
"SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A LOT TO CATCH UP ON. THE CONDESS IS THE ANTAGONIST WE HAD TO DEFEAT IN OUR GOD FORSAKEN FUCKED-UP SESSION."
"Okay, I'll ask more about that later. But, erm, why did Sollux kiss me? Just out of nowhere? What was that about?"
Karkat looked down and spoke normally again. "You guys were matesprits during the game. He loved you more than his dead girlfriend, and you used to love him back, before you forgot. Love is the word you humans use, right?"
You nodded. "Yeah, I guess so. Wait, he had a dead girlfriend? Like, he dated a corpse?
Karkat hesitated. "In a way, sure."
"Did he and I ever... Do it?"
"Do what?"
"Y'know... it."
"What the fuck is 'it'?"
You cleared your throat. "Ahem. Sexual intercourse."
Karkat looked back up on you with a disgusted look on his face. "YOU MEAN PAIL?! HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT YOU DID IN YOUR FREE TIME TOGETHER?!"
"Pail? What do you mean pail?"
He facepalmed. "I am NOT having this conversation with you right now."
You stood up and grabbed his hand, walking back to the platform. "Are we done here? I wanna meet everyone else. Maybe I can figure some more stuff out about this session."
"YEAH. LET'S GO."
The two of you stepped onto the platform and the room shimmered out of view again.