10. Just Good Friends

July 7, 2009

The Doctor called Jasmine in the middle of the day and told her Michael had finally wakened up and his tests looked good. She hurried and rushed down to the hospital to see him.

When she walked in the room, his brother Jermaine and Tito were there, the two brothers that were actually upset with her at that point in time. She felt extremely awkward when she saw them. They just looked at each other and didn't say anything.

She walked over to Michael who was smiling at her. He put his hand around her neck as she bent down to kiss him. "Can I have just a moment alone with her?" he asked, his voice weak.

"You want us to say anything to all your fans outside?" Jermaine asked.

"Should I?" Michael asked looking at Jasmine.

"Umm...yeah I think you should," she said.

Michael looked at his brothers and nodded then put his hands together saying thank you to them.

"Alright, Michael, but don't forget who this girl was before you went into that coma," Tito said smartly as he walked out with Jermaine.

Michael patted the space next to him on his hospital bed. "Sit."

Jasmine sat next to him.

"They told me everything. Thank you for being there for me. I was actually surprised."

"Why would I not be there for you? You're still my husband," she said sadly.

"Well I don't know if you realized it but I do know about you and that other guy."

"That other guy is just a friend."

"You don't have to lie to me, Jaz," he said shaking his head back and forth.

"I'm serious!"

"Please don't yell," he said throwing his hand up.

"Sorry. But don't accuse me of something I didn't do."

"I didn't say you did anything. I just said I know about him."

"Well we both know what you're thinking is going on between us," she responded quickly.

"Well when I have to hear from my five year old daughter that you were kissing another man in your bed, what am I supposed to think?"

"What?" Jasmine asked confused.

"She said she had a nightmare so she went to your room but she saw you kissing Ryan on your bed and she left and went to Paris' room instead."

Jasmine had nothing to say. She just put her head down and shook her head.

"Lost for words?"

"We never did anything," she said looking at him.

"I don't want to talk about this right now." He shut his eyes.

Then the nurse knocked on the door and peeked in, "Oh hi, Ms. Devereux."

"It's Mrs. Jackson," Jasmine said with an attitude, not even looking at her. She just got up and went to sit in a chair by the windows.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am. I'm just so use to calling you that from back in the day."

Jasmine ignored her as she just text in her phone.

"Mr. Jackson, there's a woman named Denise Vazquez downstairs that wants to come up and see you."

"Oh yes, please have her come up," he said.

"Okay, Sir."

"Thank you." He gave her a big smile as she left.

Jasmine stared at Michael in astonishment.