9. That's For All Time

Jasmine walked into his room and found a beautiful red dress lying on his bed with new shoes on the floor in front of it to match. She heard the door close behind her but when she turned around she noticed he left her alone. She read the note to herself that was on the bed.

I know we've already had a long day but I have something special for you and I wanted to give it to you before you leave tomorrow. It won't take long but I ask that you change into the dress and shoes I got for you.  Meet me in the piano room.

I love you,

Your Bubba

Jasmine freshened up and changed and after about a half hour she was finally ready.  She had no idea what was going on but she couldn't help loving this romance.  She walked down to the piano room and Michael was waiting there for her with a black suit on, red shirt underneath, and a signature fedora on his head.

"What's going on?" she asked admiring how handsome he looked.

"Come here; you look beautiful.  Do you like it?" he asked referring to the dress.

"Yes, I love it, thank you."  She gave him a kiss on the lips.  

The lights were dim and there were candles lit everywhere.  He grabbed her hand and sat her down on the piano bench.  He took his hat off and sat down next to her.  "Well, I told you this won't take long. You read the note, right?"

"Yes, and if it's not going to take long then why are we dressed up?"

"The length of time doesn't measure how important this moment is to me and hopefully how important it will be to you."

"Okay. It's already important by the way," Jasmine whispered behind her hand.

"Well, when I was recording for Thriller, there was this one song I was writing but I never finished it...but you've inspired me to.  I've always had the melody but could never find the right words to say until now. So I finished it, thanks to you, and I'm going to play it on the piano for you."

"I didn't know you knew how to play the piano."

"Wow, what kind of fan are you?" he asked sarcastically.

She gave him a 'whatever' look.

"I'm just kidding."  He leaned in and kissed her cheek. "I contacted the keyboardist on the song to learn how to play it for you if you really must know," he said laughing.

"What's it called?"

"For All Time."  He then began playing for her and started singing.

In that moment, listening to the beautiful words he sang for her and just listening to his beautiful voice, she felt like the luckiest girl in the world. She put her arms around his waist and rested her chin on his left shoulder as he continued playing. She couldn't fight back her tears.

Sun comes up on this new morning

Shifting shadows, a songbird sings

And if these words couldn't keep you happy

I'd do anything

And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder

With a tender touch, you know so well

Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters

Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?

And maybe the walls will tumble

And the sun may refuse to shine

But when I say, I love you