8. 2300 Jackson Street

Comincia dall'inizio

"No, baby, of course not. I can't really picture it on you this intense but trust me, it won't bother me."

"Because you'll be a nurse?"

"No, because by that time I'll be your wife and nothing will ever run me away from you," she said before leaning over and kissing him on the cheek.

He couldn't help but to smile back. "Hopefully."

"Remember you have the power," she reminded him.

He ate one more cupcake and had the rest taken to the kitchen. Jasmine began falling asleep while reading so he got her to put the books down, get under the covers with him and they both fell asleep in minutes.

~*~

It was now Michael's celebration. Every so often his family had a Jackson Family Day where they all got together to catch up and enjoy each other's company. Katherine wanted to make this day special for Michael to congratulate him on his first solo tour. Michael was excited to see all of his brothers there and two of his sisters. He only was sad that Latoya wasn't there but he talked to her over the phone and he understood why she wasn't around.  All of his nephews and nieces were there as well. It was outside and it was a nice day, a little sunny but Michael wore one of his fedora hats to protect his delicate skin. Jasmine arrived with him so it did raise some eyebrows and everyone was ready to question him. But Jasmine got along with the family very well. She fit right in feeling comfortable around them instantly. She loved the kids just as much as they loved her.

She was sitting down at a table outside talking to Janet and Michael and then Jermaine, Tito, and Marlon pulled up a chair next to them. "So what's up?" Tito said to Jasmine.

"Hey!" She noticed them getting ready to interrogate her.  "Oh God, okay, I'm ready for this interview. Let's go," she said sitting back in her chair.

"No interview. Just try'na see what's going on between you two," he said referring to her and Michael.

Michael answered for her.  "Nothing, we're good friends."

 Jasmine tried her hardest not to react.

"Oh okay. So you're available?" Jermaine asked smiling.

Jasmine laughed.  "Didn't you just have a baby?"

"I'm not asking for me. I have friends."

"Oh really? Who's your friends? They here?" 

"It doesn't matter," Mike said putting his arm around her.

A slick smile rose on Tito's face.  "Michael, we ain't stupid."

"Then why act stupid?"

Marlon cut in and changed the subject. "So what do you do?"

"I'm in school for nursing right now, junior year."

"Oh that's great," they all agreed on.

"You don't model?" Marlon asked.

"No, my butt's too big."

They all laughed and questioned her theory.

"Well one time my grandmother forced me to go see a modeling agency & the lady said to me 'great walk and your look is stunning but you need to lose weight in your behind or get a butt reduction' and the guy said 'you would work out well in one of those hip hop videos though'."

"Oh my God, that's so rude!" Janet yelled.

The brothers agreed and laughed.

"So you gonna try out for a rapper's video?" Tito joked.