The Rebound

I can't spend another night with Ash, and i think i know how to avoid it.

I turn the car over and start driving towards the small bar. There are lots of things i'm looking forward to, a bloody mary, maybe some hot action, and most importantly someone to banish the ghosts away.

I park my car, a long distance from the bar. I want to use the cold weather as an excuse for my shaking.

After maybe two mintes, i see a dark figure approaching, i squint my eyes and in the far dim light of the bar, make Leo out.

He sees me too and stops in his steps, giving me a genuinely surprised grin: " I didn't think you were coming."

"Neither did I."

"So what happe..."

I approach him before he could get the sentence out and kiss him.

As i stand on my toes and place my palms around his face, i realize there is nothing even mildly romantic about this, it was a desperate try to cover up something else.

And unlike most desperate acts in the universe, this one actually feels somewhat good, i guide him back to my car, undress and start kissing him.

He doesn't understand or doesn't care about my inner conflict. He answers each kiss with a firmer one, and like me, doesn't want to drag this for too long.

It's fast, it's dirty, and it feels...liberating.

We get out of my backseat, and he starts pulling his zipper up. We stand in silence again, and he chuckles: "That was...intense." He shakes his head: "You know, you could be one too."

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Porn star." He says, grinning and leans in to kiss me one more time before leaving.

I start driving towards home. This ghost or guilt manifestation or whatever, wasn't there when people were around, so i thought getting some drinks would be a good idea.

But well, grief is nature's most powerful aphrodisiac.

I arrive home, open the door, and instantly an strange feeling washes over me. I'm not alone. I sigh loudly. Ash's here again. I though having two orgasms with another man would get rid of him for a few hours.

"Good, you're home. I was getting bored."

This is not his voice.

It takes a second for the panic to settle in, and my hearts starts racing.

THIS ISN'T HIS VOICE!

Instinctively, i reach down and take my gun out of the holster, cock it and aim it to the front, where the voice is coming.

I fumble in the dark to turn on the light switch, but he didn't need light to attack me if he wanted to, my shallow breaths gave my place away easily.

Finally the lovely pale yellow light fills the room and i see a familiar figure sitting on my favorite dark red chair.

I've only seen this man once, but i will never forget his face.

He was young, maybe around twenty, his blond hair that was once messy and knotted, were combed and shiny now.

But his blue eyes were still glowing with ruthlessness. Much like the last time.

He smiles at my agitation: "I needed to come down here and personally let you know how much i enjoyed your eulogy. It really was captivating. You painted quite a picture of my brutality, didn't you Eva? " His smile turns into a teeth baring grin: "For what it's worth, no one would ever suspect you. You looked genuinely heart broken."

I press my lips together: " I AM heart broken."

His cruel gaze fixate on me once again, just like when he watched me shoot Ash instead of him.

He raises his arm and i see a small shining USB flash drive in his hand:" Put the gun down. We need to talk."