17

An exchange of goodbyes shared between a brunette boy and a girl of lilac hair. Yuichiro was parting ways from hanging out with his friend in the city on a cool evening, heading home to wash up and prepare himself for the next day at school.

"Mika..." He murmured while looking at the setting sun in the distance, crisp air blowing against his clothed body.

He needed to make a decision. It was between Mika and his father, whether if he should pursue a career in his fathers facility or stand back, by Mikaela's side.

As if on cue, Yuu's phone buzzed in the depths of his warm pocket, the screen lighting up through the denim material. Including a sigh, the male retrieved his cellular device and held it up, eyes gazing across the screen that displayed a text message from his father.

"Are you on your way home?" It read, having Yuu check the time as in a clue if he'd be in trouble or not for being out late. Most likely not, however it was his dinner time so the real truth was unknown to that.

Hitting the keyboard rapidly on his screen, the teenager responded with a simple, "Yes." before shoving the mobile back into his pocket and continuing his journey home on foot.

The sun was setting when Yuu was abruptly whisked off his feet, only a few blocks down from where he had last seen Shinoa. He felt a familiar warmth agains his body, strong arms grasping hold of his legs as he was carried bridal style. Those emerald eyes glimmered upward, darting a glare at a familiar blonde boy.

"Mika!" He called out, gripping the material of the vampires shirt when cannoning into the brisk, cool air. "What the hell are you doing?!"

His eyes were that daring red, concentrated on the land and structure ahead of himself rather than on the boy in his arms. Mika's hair blew to the side, then back, swaying with every movement made by him while he leaped from building to building in search of a base.

In no time, they stopped at the top of a run-down building, previously used as a dog food factory, so it goes without saying, the stench lingering off of it was revolting.

As Yuu was set back onto his two feet, he immediately placed his hands upon Mika's shoulders, pushing him backward with a look of anger. "What is the meaning in this?! Explain yourself Mika!"

"I need to talk to you." A simple response strung from the blondes mouth, his voice raspy as if his throat was dry, and perhaps it was.

Yuu stayed angry despite the need in Mikaela's drained voice, despite the desperation in his crimson eyes. "About what?!" He questioned in a shout, following along with, "What must it be for you to so suddenly kidnap me?!"

With the rage in his voice, the aggression in his look, Mika couldn't handle Yuu's shenanigans any longer. He needed that taste again, that sweet, warm taste of his preys delicious blood. So, without further delay, the vampire pinned Yuu against the wall of an elevator door at the top of this building. He held onto both of the boys wrists with all of his might, not even giving him a moment to react as he immediately attacked his neck, those fangs piercing deeply into his skin.

Yuu nearly screamed out, but held it back and squeezed his eyes shut tightly. He knew he had promised Mika his blood, so he refused to throw a fit and cause any possible attention from anyone. His hands balled into fists and he brushed his legs against Mika's, this moment lasting longer than before, painfully longer because he could feel fury in Mika's bite.

Mika took a lot this time, pulling away with a blood stain on his chin, multiple pants leaving his mouth as well as Yuu's. They both seemed to be speechless from the event, but Mika regained his composure and cleared his throat, wanting to relieve the tension.

"Sorry," the vampire apologized, releasing his hands from Yuu's wrists in which the ravenette nodded to, feeling over the redness from the grip being so tight. Mika stared down at the ground and continued, "I've just been so thirsty, Yuu-Chan."

"It's alright... I'm just taken aback by this. But, I devoted myself to you, my blood is your possession."

Those words brought Mikaela great relief, and he pulled Yuu tightly into his arms, placing his lips onto his right ear and whispering, "Well, that's quite the reassurance Yuichiro, because your blood is my only source."

Shivers were sent by the humans spine, a blush flaring across his pale cheeks; oh he was so thankful it was dark enough out now, because then Mika shouldn't notice. Little did he know, however, Mika did notice he was as red as a tomato, as vampires senses were heightened, night-vision being an advantage of his. But, he kindly resisted in mentioning it.

The boys reluctantly pulled back from each of their embraces, eyes meeting for a split second before Yuu's eyes darted away, avoiding the contact.

"I... don't know what to do, Mika." He admitted, referring to the conflict of his decision to chose Mika or his father.

"What do you mean?"

With a sigh, Yuu responded, "I believe that following in the path of my dad will bring closure between the vampires and humans. However, I recognize that some things will need to be changed. I don't intend to harm anything, but there are some things..."

Mika places a hand on Yuu's shoulder, looking at him with a kind smile, "Don't worry about it, Yuu-Chan. In no time, you'll see the truth."

"Huh?"

Mika turned away, sauntering to the edge of the building. He gazed at the sky. "Nothing." His smile remained, and if honest, Yuu wasn't sure whether this response was a positive one, or one hiding something dark.

Not long after, Yuu was carried home, riding one Mika's back with his legs and arms tightly wrapped around his waist and neck. They were gliding through the air quickly, as Yuu was fearful of upsetting his father.

When the landed at the front door to his decently sized home, the two couldn't find any words to say to one another; the silence was oppressive. However, Yuu found a way to break this unquestionable tension between them. He gazed up at Mika before subtly placing a kiss onto his cheek.

And if he hadn't had the chance to see Mika flustered before, now was the time.
The blonde seemed at a loss, mouth almost gaping and eyes full of joy and surprise. He couldn't find anyway to react and that was okay with Yuu.

With a smile, Yuu bid his farewells with a simple, "Goodnight, Mika." then went inside, shutting the door behind him without letting Mika respond.

The blonde boy brought his hand onto the front door, staring at in as if it was Yuichiro. He licked his lips, smiled, and whispered softly,

"Goodnight, Yuu-Chan."

a/n:

;)