13

The situation had taken a dissatisfactory turn with the appearance of Guren Ichinose, Yuu's father. The young teenager pushed his vampire friend off of him immediately after spotting his father, facially expressing his deep embarrassment as he jumped off the bed without paying mind to the blood drizzling down his neck.

Mikaela hardly even comprehended the presence of the older man due to the distraction of consuming his preys delicious blood, heart throbbing from the action of savoring it before swallowing. He wiped his mouth with the corner of his sleeve while looking down at the fuzzy-clothed bed, his body relieved from thirst and becoming energized.

"A... vampire?" His purple eyes wide and mystified, Guren Ichinose was taken aback when being granted with the realization of the situation. He was not full of fear or vexation, though; instead he was filled with familiarity that brought an observant Mika to a state of complexity.

That reaction... The vampire knew that it couldn't be good if Guren knew much about his species; it never was good for humans to be knowledgeable on the existence of vampires. He stared at the man with his scarlett eyes narrowed, not covering up his mosterous identity and getting up from the bed, as well.

"Yuichiro, why must you deceive me like this?" Asked his father, offended by the presence of a blood-sucker and his sons rebellious and reckless act to be a human blood-bag.

"What do you mean deceive you? I wanted to help him," Yuichiro answered truthfully, not paying a mind to how careless he seemed of himself in this moment. Mikaela had earned his care and companionship, he was worthy of his help. "Why must you barge into my room without knocking first?"

"I shouldn't have to knock; you wouldn't have this room if it weren't for me." Guren scoffed and took a step forward towards Mika, eyeing him down with a look of discontentment. "You're the one who was here the other night ago, when my son came home drunk, weren't you?"

Courageously stepping up to him with a glare, Mika nodded and looked him dead straight in the eye. "Perhaps, I am."

"You're a nasty blood-sucker?"

"Sure."

It annoyed Guren to see how Mika wasn't phased by any of this, merely standing up to him with such an annoying attitude.  The older of the three was convinced this vampire was a brat and a devil.

"Yuu, you cannot be fooled by these malicious creatures," Guren told his son, stepping between the two to divide them from one another. "He'll destroy you."

Mika chuckled at this, hushing Yuu from talking back to his father while he started provoking the man's anger further on. "Destroy him? No, I cannot do that. You see, I've officially made Yuu-chan mine; his blood belongs to me and my soul now belongs to him."

Damn, Yuu didn't see that one coming.

"That's deep," spoke the small ravenette, light pink toning his soft, cream skin. His emerald eyes were filled with wonder and intrigue, depthly watching his father analyze the words being said.

"That is a dangerous decision," Guren's demeanor was set in a calm stance, making his son bewildered when he began to step back with a look of bore. "Yuichiro, be cautious and careful."

"You're... Okay with me and Mika?!" His words were full of excitement and hope, a large smile masking his face while his body danced.

Guren nodded, looking just as expressionless as Mikaela. They both were staring at eachother with distrust and Yuu was oblivious to this. Secretly, they were speaking to one another in silence. After a moment, Guren gave a slight nod and walked away without another word, never clearly answering Yuu's words.

When they were left alone, Yuu immediately jumped onto Mika enthusiastically. He was grinning like a complete idiot, but it was contageous and triggered a smile to break out on the blondes face, as well. "Wow, my dad is being super cool today!"

"I don't really like him."

"Oh, come on, Mika! Soon, you'll surely begin to like him!"

¤¤¤

For the rest of the day, the two boys enjoyed one anothers company in Yuu's bedroom. They would be sprawled out on the bed together, sharing about their interests and making jokes. Yuu would play with Mika's hair and talk about how he never had that many friends, and was glad to have Mika as a friend now. Mika would just laugh and push him; it's the happiest he's been in years.

Yuu even confronted him about being the one to tell his dad he was drunk, which Mika didn't clearly admit to it, but he didn't deny it either. The answer was too obvious now; Mika was just fearful of how mad Yuu could get about it, despite the boy being very kind and forgiving.

"So Mika," Yuu began while he laid on his back, legs on top of Mika's stomach for the blonde lied at the end of his bed. "Tell me about your childhood."

That topic made Mikaela tense up, nervously gulping and looking up at the ceiling when his body went stiff and goosebumps appeared on his skin. "My past... isn't worth talking about. Not many mentionable things happened."

"Huh? There has to be something!"

"There's not."

There was. He just didn't have the confidence or comfortability to speak about it. The vibe of that probably got to Yuu in that moment, too, because he thankfully didn't urge further on to find out and just simply nodded, mumbling, "Fine."

The quiet, settled room erupted with tension between the two boys, both staring up in complete silence, either awaiting for the other to start up a new conversation.

Mikaela's eyes wandered down and around the bedroom; the light was still on but it had gotten a little darker. He noticed that the sun was setting now, peering at the window and down to the desk full of photos again.

"That Shinoa; is she your girlfriend?"

Yuu bursted out laughing at the question, propping up on his elbows and looking at Mika with the most amused expression.

The blonde stayed there in a serious stance, his now-blue eyes flickering up to Yuu's bright face to show that it was a genuine question that he was curious to know the answer to.

"Of course not! Why would you put us together, Mika?" Yuu's head was tilted. He poked Mika's chest with his toe when he didn't answer and snickered, questioning again, "Are you jealous?"

The blonde got a hold of the others foot on top of his stomach, gripping onto it before tickling the bottom half with a cruel smirk. Yuichiro exploded with laughter, head throwing back as he squirmed his legs that Mikaela skillfully held down with his elbow. He kicked and squeled, his sounds disturbing the air while he recklessly tried to break free from Mika's grasp.

"M-Mika! Stop-!" He demanded and rolled onto his stomach, body twisted and sprawling out. Yuu nearly kicked Mika's face, but luckily the vampire had the strength to hold him back.

They continued on with this for five more minutes, until Mikaela finally quit and allow Yuu to breathlessly scramble away to the other side of the bed.

"You will pay for this!" He exclaimed fearlessly, arm reaching out to point at Mika in a threatening way that just made the blonde laugh in response to.

"Sure I will, Yuu-chan."

And for the rest of the night, they wrestled and acted like children, creating a close bond that a vampire would never truly have with a human.

Mika left quite late that night, their goodbyes were unwanted for they desired to be around one another longer. However, it was inevitable that he'd have to leave for the night.

Yuu laid in his bed reading that night, shocked when his father came in once again before bed; this was rare, never being done much.

Guren sat at the edge of the bed and conversed with his son, asking what he was reading and a few other basic questions before getting on with the main subject. "Yuu, you will skip school and come somewhere with me tomorrow."

It was as if the teenager didn't have an option, going to decline but being interrupted with a, "it's mandatory."