20

Tap... tap... tap...

Melted snow was hitting the concrete ground, echoing into a dusky alleyway that smelt of rotten garbage.
Hidden behind a rather large storage crate was Mikaela. It wasn't everyday that he got to play spy, but it also wasn't everyday now that he was away from his new beloved. It had been too long from the last time he scoped out what the enemies have been up to; it was time to play catch up.

His senses heightened as he heard some footsteps and tiresome chattering echo in the distance down the street, recognizing from the voices that this was what he was indeed waiting for. It was the agency that hunted his own kind; the wicked who'd hurt them and even kill them for their own precious benefits. Peeking in between the cracks and crevices of the wooden crate, his crimson shaded eyes gazed upon those filthy humans in their black suits and he unsurprisingly spotted a fairly familiar face, the man wearing a fedora and having a lot cigarette between his lips; his dark hair slicked back into the hat and purple eyes focused on the ground, as if he were lost in a trance.

fuckin' knew it.

Amongst those cruel humans was the father of Yuu's, Guren Ichinose. Mikaela had expected to see him in company of this group at some point in time after Yuu's claims of his father being involved in vampire experimentation. His father wasn't the great hero that Yuu believed he was; not one bit. His father was a killer, the evil mastermind behind this damned organization. It was clear that he was the leader with the group remaining behind him and keeping their focus on his actions. But, there was another man beside him that almost seemed equal in leadership. Possessing silver hair with a slim structure, but also seeming far more relaxed than Guren, this man seemed interesting enough to take into account.

Hidden well enough, Mika didn't blow his cover as they passed him obliviously, conversing about their silly ideas and even cracking some brutal jokes of their favorite ways to get a vampire into submission. "The last time I caught one, yeah, I had to execute her. No, I burned her alive~!" This unrecognizable man laughed as he spoke with no remorse. This only made Mika's blood boil more. How could his Yuu trust these people? He'll get him to see the truth, someday.

Speaking of Yuu...

The ravenette was doing some investigating of his own. Just maybe, in a different sense...

"Three thousand followers?! I didn't realize he was popular!" Scrolling through Mikaela's loaded instagram profile, Yuu was in disbelief. He'd never expect Mika to know so many people. He didn't really expect him to have social media, either. But, there it was, surprisingly open to the public and having over 200 photos, plenty of tagged photos, a sexy profile picture of him in all red, straight-faced and eyes glazed with a mysterious passion.

Sitting across from him in a half-torn, wooden booth with dark red cushions in a dim-lit pizza parlor was his best friend with her legs criss-crossed on the seat, Shinoa and Yoichi who was shyly backed into the inner side of the booth. They were all hanging out after a long day of school for what they told their parents was a 'study session', but they were really just gossiping and stalking Mika. Yuu obviously was crushing hard on the so-called blondie and his friends were eager to learn more about the boy.

"He's very photogenic..." muttered a curious Shinoa as she scanned a separate phone with Yoichi at some of Mika's posted photos, noticing one that looked quite questionable. There was a  gorgeous, green-eyed, brunette woman in it and Mika was kissing her rosy cheek in the photo. The caption said something along the lines of 'My Favorite' and before Yuu got the chance to reach the photo, Shinoa hurried to pull his phone out of his hand a shut it off, doing the same to Yoichi's.

Taken aback by the forceful removal of his device, with furrowed eyebrows Yuu went to yell at her but was immediately stopped when Yoichi innocently said with a tilted head, "Who was that lady?"

"Oh~ what are you egging on now Yoichi~?" Shinoa's hand covered his mouth quickly while she glared before she immediately moved to smile at her other friend and changed the subject. "Yuu-san! what's your favorite thing about Mika?"

"Ohhh, I just adore his smile!" And so he began, rambling with a shining passion about his favorite things about Mika; varying from his  handsome appearance, to his intriguing ego and to his true, loving and protective personality. No one could get Yuichiro to hush. It was nice, though, for Shinoa to see him so happy after all the hardships that Yuu had dealt with his whole life. Even if Mikaela was a bit sketchy at times in her eyes, she felt that Yuu deserved this joy, even if it wasn't going to last. That's why she refused to let him know about the lady in the photo, for now.

But, she was going to make sure to confront Mika about it the next time she saw him.

Their cheesy pizza came out just in time as an enthusiastic Yuu began to speak of his sexual desires with no shame at all. Yoichi's face was already painted red by this point and Shinoa was quite amused by his embarrassment. This boy is the same boy that has a large crush Kimizuki; the guy who talks about sex, drugs, and all the unholy topics. She was convinced that Yoichi would probably die from humiliation if he were to really get with that pink-haired idiot. Even though, Kimizuki kept it clean about him for the most part; he'd always try to keep a good impression. Yoichi never saw him as a bad guy.

Shinoa thanked their waiter for their pizza which seemed to large for the three to finish and before she even finished speaking, the boys were already digging in. They did skip lunch afterall; Yuu going to see Mika and Yoichi going to see Kimi. What was Shinoa going to do with them?

When they all parted ways later that evening, Yuu felt grateful for his friends for accepting his never-ending admiration for the vampire. He didn't notice the worry in Yoichi's eyes the whole time, he didn't notice the slight nervousness from Shinoa. He was whipped, wrapped around Mikaela's finger.

He did soon come to remember his phone being ripped from his hand, though. As he reached home and sat on his bed in his room, he pulled the cracked yet very functionable phone from his pocket, powering it back on and pulling Mika's page back up.

A/N :

did  ya miss me?