6. Yuichiro

A familiar pair of olive eyes, narrowed down at the falsely tiled floor that pathed the hall of this hellish building. His hands fisted into his pockets, Yuichiro almost felt hopeless as he drifted away from his last class of the day.

His posture was slouchy due to his fatigue, eyes bagged and the raven locks upon his head messy. The way he continued to carry himself displayed that he'd lost respect for his appearance and clearly was deeply out of it.

It was Mikaela; that damned mysterious guy, taking control of Yuu's studies throughtout the day and driving him nuts. His concentration was astray, only attentive to the memories of the night before.

Just, why couldn't he seem to recall everything? The details were scattered, pieces from this puzzle missing. Mika had to know something.

Drawn out of his thoughts, the teenaged boy heard his name being called out by that familiar, feminine voice of his friend.

Ah, Shinoa. First time seeing her today.

He turned to face her, getting a view of that warm and caring expression she always seemed to be wearing. "Geez, Yuu! You sure do walk fast." She panted out, resting her small hand on his stiff shoulder.

He muttered out an apology, wearily smiling for the first time that day. The treasured friendship between him and Shinoa lured his mind off of Mika for the moment, which was fairly nice. He had something else to worry about. "What's up?"

Allowing herself to lean upon the boy, Shinoa beamed directly up at him. "I have some good news," she started and fixed her stance, hands positioning behind her back in a casual manner. "I got us, you and I, tickets to see My Fair Lady at Belrose Park this saturday!"

My Fair Lady, that was Yuu and Shinoa's favorite film to watch together; it was a token of their friendship. They'd binge watch all Audrey Hepburn movies during their fabulous, shared sleepovers, but that one would always surpass all of the others.

It was thoughtful of her to do this. 

"Wow, thank you... It'll be fun." He spoke sincerely, however Shinoa could tell that something was off.

"Yeah..." She peered up at him, lips curving into a frown, "You look like shit. What happened?" Blanty, she asked that in all seriousness, which made Yuichiro return the frown in a slight delay.

But, he told her honestly, "That, I do not know..."

"Hm?" The female with lavender hair was expressing great suspicion, eyes hinting her interest and concern, "Would you like to talk about it?"

"There's nothing to really talk about," He played it off with a smile, not wanting to involve her in something so strange, so mysterious, "Everything's okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Thank you, though."

With a 'hmph', Shinoa nodded and forced herself to let it go. That was a good thing, because Yuichiro really did not want to fight with her about it. 

She was his best friend and he should trust her with this, however Yuu just wanted to keep it to himself until he was able to find Mikaela.

"... I have something for you," Shinoa reached into her backpack, digging through it as her lips broke out into a friendly smile.

She pulled out a bottle of cranberry juice and handed it to Yuu,  triggering a smile to his face, as well. "Heh, thank you, Shinoa."

"Of course!" She nodded and embraced him into a kind hug, her face stuffed into his chest. He smelt musty, did the boy even shower?  Probably not. Shinoa chuckled lightly and pulled off of him, going silent and staring at him with a caring look. "Please, rest up when you get home... Take care of yourself." She reached up, barely even being able to pet his hair in a comforting way. "I have to get going... but call me if you need anything. Bye, Yuu-san." With that, she walked away and merged into the crowd of teens, disappearing from Yuichiro's sight.

♤◇♡♧

Crisp, white flakes, pouring down onto the concrete and grass of the surrounding area. It was icing everywhere; very fast, too.

Walking home was a terrible idea.

Yuu was desperate for some fresh air, though. He needed to get away from all the noise and stuffiness; he felt like he was suffocating all day, and this was his release.

Nevertheless, the frigid weather was getting to him, as he was only clothed in the his school uniform and a light coat. He coughed, staggling over onto the ground and planting himself into a cold pile of snow.

The boy whimpered, trembling due to the lack of warmth and chill that filled his weak body. His heart was racing, thudding rapidly in his chest to where he could hardly contain it. And his ears rung so loudly, his head began to throb and ache.

Suddenly, everything became blurry and he was dizzy, trying to bring himself to sit up and just relax, but knowing he was far too ill for that. His body fell at a breeze, to weak to fight through it.

"Yuu-chan?"

A shaky voice with hesitation laced into it, close by. Yuichiro forced himself to look in the direction of it, his faded eyes squinting.

And, there he stood, his figure not clear but definitely recognizable to the eyes of Yuu. It was the one he'd been searching for, the one who held the truth from last night.

"Mika..."

A/N:
kinda disappointed with myself for all the bad chapters, but I'll be editing them once finished with the book so that's good, I guess.

I'll try to do better.