She gasped in shock, the only sounds she could hear were the rumbling and Mikazuki's cries. And then she looked up to see Sesshomaru staring right back at her. He had arrived just in time to catch her and their son. Their scents had been caught by him a while ago but it was only after using Bakusaiga that he was able to reach them quicker.

"Sesshomaru..." she breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, I-"
"We'll talk about this later," he cut her off.

She could tell he was annoyed that she had gone against his commands and decided not to push it at such a sensitive time. His eyes found Mikazuki and she turned him so that he could see his face.

"Shh, Mikazuki," she spoke softly. "Open your eyes and see. Your father is here. There's no need to be frightened anymore."

Sesshomaru's heart swelled with pride upon seeing Mikazuki again. Even with everything falling apart around them, he had to take a moment for his son. He barely had the chance to hold him after he was born and he silently wished he could turn back time to have that time with him again. Mikazuki cried quietly still.

"Mikazuki," he called.

It was as if he recognised his father's voice for his crying instantly softened to a whimper until it completely stopped. And then his eyes opened and he looked up at his father.

As much as Sesshomaru wanted to fly away with his family, he still had work to do. He wouldn't be able to enjoy being a father until the threat against his lover and son was gone for good. A-Un had arrived at that moment where Kohaku, Jaken and Rin sat.

"Lyra!" Rin gasped excitedly behind a protective mask.
She looked over to the young girl and smiled brightly. "Rin! I'm so glad you're safe."
"Lyra, there's miasma in the air," Sesshomaru told her. "I don't want either of you breathing it in."
"Don't worry, Sesshomaru. Put me down and watch."

Confused, he flew them over to A-Un and sat her down with his odd squad before staying back. Watching her, he saw her close her eyes. She didn't know if she would be able to do it but that shield from before had to have come from her. There was no other explanation. Thinking hard, she tried creating a shield again with her only purpose being to keep Mikazuki safe. And then she heard Jaken, Rin and Kohaku gasp behind her. Opening her eyes, she saw that it had worked. A large shield surrounded A-Un and its passengers.

"It worked!" she gasped in surprise.
Rin clapped her hands together. "You're so amazing, Lyra!"
"Thanks!"
Sesshomaru was even more surprised. "How did you..."
"I don't know," she laughed. "One second I was about to get attacked and then the next, I made a shield. It's awesome, right?"
"Stay inside the shield." He the moved ahead. "Let's go."

She kept a secure grip on Mikazuki as Sesshomaru then led the way out of there. All around them, Naraku's flesh continued to fall apart.

"Incredible!" Kohaku exclaimed.
"That one swing sure did a lot of damage," Rin stated.
"Naturally," Jaken replied smugly.

Sesshomaru continued to go ahead, tearing down anything and everything Naraku was trying to throw at him. Mikazuki was calm even through all the noise and destruction and it made Lyra wonder what he had gone through in the last month. However, she didn't want to think about it. Shaking her head, she focused on simply keeping him safe as even more tentacles and things tried to attack them.

"If you insist on struggling, Naraku," Sesshomaru spoke before unsheathing his sword. "Bakusaiga!"

He swung his sword, sending a huge bolt of power towards his flesh. The tentacles were instantly destroyed but the lasting effects would continue to cause more damage.

"Why isn't he dead yet..?" Lyra wondered aloud.
Sesshomaru scoffed. "Inuyasha should have killed him by now."

Sesshomaru broke through another wall of flesh and they arrived within the heart of the demon's form. Naraku was suspended by what looked like a giant web and his aura was darker than ever. Everyone else was there too, ready to end it once and for all.

"Bakusaiga's destruction is spreading!" Jaken exclaimed. "I knew Lord Sesshomaru would be the one to defeat Naraku!"
Naraku looked at all of them. "So, you're all here. You and your worthless so-called friends." His eyes landed on Mikazuki. "I wasn't expecting you to be able to protect him, Lyra. But your motherly love was too strong. No matter." He smirked. "I took as much of his demonic power as I needed. I had more plans for him in the future but he will simply have to die along with the rest of you."
Lyra frowned. "You can't kill us, Naraku."
"Yeah," Inuyasha agreed. "We all made it."

There was a major stare down before they all began attacking at once. Miroku used his wind tunnel, Sango used her Hiraikotsu, Inuyasha used Meido Zangetsuha, and Sesshomaru used Bakusaiga. Unfortunately, the damage they made wasn't enough. Naraku had protected himself and the jewel just enough before completely joining with it.

Whatever small amount of light was left inside had been pushed out of the jewel. With the power of the Shikon jewel, Naraku transformed into a full demon. His body had changed, his eyes turned red and his hair became white. He looked like a true monster.

Inuyasha tried using Meido Zangetsuha but, again, it wasn't enough. Suddenly, concentrated balls of miasma came shooting out at them. A few headed straight towards Lyra and the rest but she wasn't sure if her shield was strong enough to protect them. But it didn't matter. Sesshomaru must have felt the same way and used Bakusaiga to destroy them.

'The miasma leaking from the severed flesh is stronger than it was before. I need to get her out of here,' he thought to himself before making a decision. "Jaken," he called.
"Yes, my Lord?"
"Leave Naraku's body at once," he ordered.
"At once!" Jaken agreed. 'I've been long awaiting that order!'
Rin was about to refuse. "But-"
"Silence, you fool!" he cut her off. "Two children such as you will only get in his way! And it is his top priority to get Lady Lyra and Master Mikazuki out of here!"
Lyra quickly looked to him. "Sesshomaru!"

She wanted to just see him and he glanced back at her over his shoulder quickly as they flew out of Naraku's body. But then he became busy again, trying to ward off any attacks aimed at them.

When they made it outside, they saw balls of the miasma falling upon the village. And that's where Naraku was headed. A-Un flew down to the village and Lyra quickly climbed off before turning to Rin.

"Rin, take him and go somewhere far from here," she told her. "Kohaku, stay with her."
Rin took Mikazuki but was confused. "What are you doing?"
"He's going to destroy the village," Lyra said. "I need to help them somehow."
"But, Lyra-"
"Go! You don't have much time!"

She patted A-Un's side and he instantly flew away again. Running over to help the villagers, she helped those who had fallen and got them to keep on running. The large balls of miasma were raining down and had almost reached the village. With only the desire to protect it, she held her hands up with her palms facing out towards Naraku's body.

"I really hope this works..."

She began concentrating hard until a large dome covered the village like an umbrella. She was pleasantly surprised but glad that it was working. The balls of miasma were falling on top of it but with each one, she could feel the shield weakening more and more. Thankfully, Miroku and Sango had joined and destroyed as many as they could before they landed on the shield. All she had to do was protect the people inside from the gas that was spreading. Soon, Inuyasha and Kagome had also arrived.

"Inuyasha! Kagome!" she called. "Now's the time!"
"Right!"

Inuyasha used Meido Zangetsuha and aimed it at Naraku. The body was suddenly engulfed in a dark purple orb. And that's when Kagome finally had her chance. Aiming at it, she shot the arrow and it went straight into the orb. They all watched, hoping she hit the Shikon jewel.

Just seconds later, a blinding light surrounded the orb and lit everything up. Lyra had to cover her eyes, thus dropping the shield. However, just as she did so, she began to feel lightheaded before everything turned black.