"Oh, it's the bag of snacks the young lady had in her hands. I'm assuming they probably waited for her to come out the store then attacked her." Looking in the bag as my grams held it open I notice it was two big bags of hot Cheetos and a cold drink.

I shook my head and smile inside cause it reminds me so much of Xe that's some shit she'd get on the regular.

"So any information on the young lady?" Grams asked turning to the woman at the front desk.

"As of right now she's a Jane doe, there's no I.D in her wallet so we can't identify her to call family members." The lady responded.

"Can you at least let me know if everything is alright with her?"

"What you did for that young lady is a good thing but unfortunately, we can't disclose any information to non family... I'm so sorry."

"Okay, thank you ma'am" grams was disappointed and I know this was laying on her heavy.

"August I can't leave here not knowing if everything is okay with that young lady. She was bleeding pretty bad from the stab wound." She sighed.

"Okay we'll wait a bit and see if anyone shows up. I'm gonna go find a parking and I'll be back." I said leaving out while pops and grams took a seat in the waiting area.

I got in my car and drove around trying to find parking but there was none. I decided to just pay for parking instead cause I wasn't trying to go too far.

On the walk back to the ER I called up Kev and Chris to see if they heard anything about the stabbing or know who it was. They said they heard some girl got stabbed and words are spreading that it was Tony peoples who did it but they don't know who the girl is.

That's why I never respected that nigga he have no shame with his shit. Women and children are off limits but his old ass gotta do slimy shit like that since his name ain't holding much weight in the streets anymore.

I walk back to the hospital hoping someone would show up or we would hear something about the girl.

I sit in the empty seat beside pops. And was racking my brain on what to do next. "So what's the plan we just gonna sit here?" I asked them.

Before grams could say anything pops jumped up out his seat.

"Wait, I just remember I have her phone. I picked it up after they put her in the ambulance. Maybe someone will call looking for her." He said.

As he pull the phone out his pocket, I notice it was the newer iPhone and I recognize the marble case look eerily similar to the one Xe have on her phone.

My heart started jumping and my mind started to race. My brain was putting the pieces together but I was praying I was wrong.

Xe mom lives a few blocks down from the corner store, Xe is pregnant and this girl that's been stab is also pregnant. Xe have a weird obsession with hot Cheetos and this girl was at the store buying hot Cheetos. Then there's the phone case. I tried to shake off that thought though. I didn't want it to be true.

It couldn't be, Xe is at the spa with her mom relaxing right now. That's what I have to tell myself to shake this feeling.

"Ahh.. pops let me see that phone real quick." I said clearing my throat that seems to be getting dryer with every second that pass.

"I think it's dead or broken the screen is blank." He said passing it over to me.

Taking the phone from him I got sick to my stomach seeing the crack on the screen. Xe phone also had a crack on the screen but this could've happened during the attack. I said to myself to calm my heart rate down.