Chapter 8

Xena

August pulled up outside my house and parked on the curb. My mom car wasn't in the driveway which is good. I really didn't want one of her infamous lectures right now.

I was tempted to invite August inside but knowing my luck we would definitely get caught.

I open the door and didn't hear any noise which is good that mean my mom or sister wasn't home. Rushing up the stairs I didn't want to have August waiting too long for me.

I plugged in my curling wand letting it heat while I take a quick shower. I had to hurry so I would have extra time to curl my hair. I refuse to be seen in out with August looking crazy.

Going in my closet I pulled out a pair of ripped jeans and my beige body suit top to go with my cream checkerboard vans. I'm going for causal but cute since I don't know what we doing after breakfast.

I lotion up with some good ole cocoa-butter before getting dressed

I lotion up with some good ole cocoa-butter before getting dressed. Throwing the towel over my shoulder I sit in front the mirror and wand my hair in loose curls.

Looking up at the time I see it was 10:45. I only been in here 45 minutes which is a good time for me. I'm not a make up fanatic so I kept it to a minimum with a light natural look.

I double check making sure I plugged out the curling wand and have everything I needed before leaving out the room. Whenever I'm rushing I usually forget shit or sometimes I'd leave my wand plugged in and have to come back to plug it out. I'm surprised I️ haven't caught the house on fire as yet.

Walking down the stairs I halt in my tracks when I heard voices coming from the living room. It sounded like my mom and someone else. I know for sure it wasn't my sister so I was confuse as hell.

Getting off the stairs I️ slowly walk into the living room to see my mom and August sitting there. I could legit die right now. This cannot be happening.

"Hey mom." I said looking between her and August.

"Morning Xena, I was just having a talk with your friend August. I saw him sitting outside in his car when I pulled up so I invited him inside." She said. I️ can see the tiredness in her eyes from working all night.

I know she probably going to go in tonight as well. Usually around Halloween time or the holidays is when the emergency room is the most chaotic so she have to stay on call.

"Oh, he came to pick me up to go out for breakfast."

"Well I'll let you guys go then, it was nice meeting you August." She said shaking his hand as he stand up.

"It was nice meeting you as well Mrs. Flowers." August said returning the gesture.

"I'll see you later mom, please get some rest. I love you." I said giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.