Wattpad Original

Original Edition: CHAPTER 27 - AURIE

September 8 | After Midnight

The minute my roommate barged in with a friend in tow, I projected myself into the bathroom. I couldn't believe it—caught in the buff. I heard Zyr escaping while I tossed on the silk kimono. I hastily finger-combed my hair in the mirror and erased signs of the eventful night. Then I cracked open the bathroom door and peeped out.

"Yokai, there you are. Get over here and meet Kittie Cad. Kittie, this is Aurie Edison," Mys announced. I crossed to the couch where they were sitting. Extending a hand to Kittie, I was lowkey excited to meet someone new. I had spent weeks just interacting with my roommate and the detective.

"I've heard so much about you!" gushed the tall, hawt, and obviously— "Is she here?"—non-Supernatural woman.

"Argh! She can't see me," I groaned.

"Nope," Mys replied with an apologetic smile.

Grabbing a throw pillow, I said, "I guess it's a good thing. I was worried you guys saw my actual vagina." A wave of the cushion got a startled laugh from my roommate's guest while Mys relayed my comment.

"We didn't see anything, darling. But if we had, it's au super naturale," chortled Kittie.

"Ha! Cute!" I loved her instantly. With Mys as a conduit, we made small talk. Kittie was snarky and lighthearted. I hated to see her leave when she checked the time and saw it was almost dawn.

"Terrance will be expecting his car," she explained.

"Oh, right! Tell him thanks for letting us use it," said Mys.

"Will do. Now, walk me out, Mx. Mys. I don't know how to work your magic door."

"There's nothing to it, Ms. Cad. You just..." Their voices trailed off as they exited the studio. I plopped on the couch, wondering what had happened to that pleasant post-orgasmic drowsiness. It was gone. No rest for the wicked, I thought jokingly.

My gaze fell on the purse on the coffee table. I narrowed my eyes. Was that—? My scalp prickled as I sat forward to examine it closer. A distinguished-looking black business card with raised white ink peeked from the leather folds. I saw the words voodoo loa. "No fucking way," I whispered. I lifted the card and tucked it into my pocket before the door re-opened for Mys.

"I want details!" my roommate sang, squeezing next to me on the couch.

"What were you and Kittie up to tonight?"

"We can talk about that later. We took a prescription to her grandmother. Didn't you and Zyr...?" The grinning Empath rubbed one finger over the other.

"Well, we didn't go all the way," I hedged. Mys' jaw dropped, and I had to laugh. "We went far enough! Wasn't that the point?"

"Tell me everything." They crossed legs and sat back with a cocksure smile.