Chapter 12: Water and Wedges

"Ready?" asked Claudia as Sariah exited her bedroom.

"Ready," she answered confidently.

Sariah was wearing her freshly laundered uniform and a confident look on her face as she and Claudia headed towards the Danger Room.

"So, this is your last week of being punished," said Claudia.

"Pretty much," smiled Sariah. "That means I can feel free again."

"And your first day without the cast."

"Yup," said Sariah, proudly.

"Well, c'mon- we should speed it up and get to the Danger Room before Logan makes us into kabobs and eats us off of his claws."

"That's a little graphic."

"We should still get to the Danger Room."

"Fair point."

As soon as they got there, they joined the others who were impatiently waiting.

"Where's Logan?" asked Spyke. "He's never late."

"Do you think he took off again?" asked Scott.

"Wouldn't be surprised," grumbled Rogue.

From over the loudspeaker Logan's voice growled, "I just got done adding some surprises for ya'll. Try not to get squished."

"That means something big is literally gonna happen, doesn't it?" asked Claudia.

"Pretty much," growled Logan.

"Bring it," said Claudia, fists balled.

Logan smiled. "I'm gonna enjoy this," he said.

As the simulation began, Sariah saw Claudia give her the thumbs up. She gave her a thumbs up in return.

(A/N: I'm going to apologize in advance, I am terrible at writing these Danger Room sessions.) 

Instantly, Sariah was dodging projectiles. She ducked and rolled, kicking one of the machines and destroying it. A platform in the ground started rising with her on top, and Sariah jumped down, using her telekinesis to land lightly.

As a robotic like animal moved towards her and tried to bite her, she jumped away and kicked it. It did nothing, but rather continued after Sariah. With her telekinesis, she levitated it and threw it at a wall before noticing the others running.

"What's up?!" she shouted. They just yelled and pointed. She saw it- a giant metal ball rolling their way. 

"I got it!" cried Scott, using his lasers to make a large hole in the ground. Sariah, who had been running and glanced over her shoulder, did not see the hole and fell in.

"Sariah!" screamed Kitty.

"She'll get crushed!" cried Evan.

Sariah levitated herself up.

"I can't levitate high enough!" she cried. "The ball is too big- it's ceiling high!"

"Fly away from it!" shouted Jean.

Sariah got away just in time.

"Are you OK?!" cried Kurt.

"I'm fine!" Sariah shouted back.

Sariah fought until the simulation was over, and, exhausted, she trudged to breakfast with the others.

"I can't believe you guys survived that," growled Logan. "Especially you, Sariah. How come ya ain't out of practice?"