73: all the bad men, cop out! / vmin

Start from the beginning

"it's no problem," jimin says, holding out a now-cold hand for the girls to shake. "will you be alright? can you get home safely?"

they nod, and jimin smiles, satisfied with what he's done. the police will be here soon, but he says to the girls to stay safe and makes sure they'll be alright, before summoning a gust of wind that can carry him home. they're left shocked and surrounded by semi-unconscious men, whilst jimin flies himself to the roof of his student building.

"fucking hell," he swears quietly, tugging off the heavy ski mask. "i have gotta get namjoon to hook me up with a real suit."

being born with incredible gifts like jimin's isn't all that uncommon in the world. after an experimental chemical was released in 1993 in a certain brand of morning-after pills, hundreds of so called "supers" have been born all over the globe, with strange and mysterious powers. of course, it was a shock to jimin's parents when their eleven year old son accidentally set his bed sheets on fire during a nightmare, and then promptly managed to put them out with water he produced from thin air (actually, it was from water particles in the air, but you know, same difference). the powers evolved like puberty hormones, so jimin gained them at eleven and learned how to use them.

supers don't necessarily have to keep their identity secret or their powers hidden, seeing as there's a lot of people with these anomalies. in america there's a group of vigilante heroes who use their powers for good, the same as japan, india and germany. of course, those are supers with powers that have to do with strength and mind; jimin has control over the four main elements (causing his super friends to fondly call him "the last airbender"), which he supposes isn't bad, whereas his friend yoongi can control people's feelings and see a few minutes into the future (a bit like mantis from guardians of the galaxy), and namjoon has access to any and all knowledge by just asking (they call him the human google).

jimin's found himself becoming a friendly neighbourhood vigilante, protecting civilians under the name 'element', in a makeshift supersuit. every hero starts somewhere, right? and that's why jimin's changing into regular clothes on a rooftop, and he's gonna walk back to his room and pretend like he didn't just save two girls from an assault, and he's gonna eat ramen with his dork of a roommate and he's gonna act like a normal ass college student. because that's what he is. normal.

"jimin! bitch! you're late!"

jimin's greeted by the sound of his very loud roommate, kim taehyung, lamenting his tardiness because it meant he had to wait an extra half hour to watch the next episode of strong girl do bong-soon, the drama they're watching together. jimin laughs at him, dumping the backpack containing his supersuit.

"hello to you too," he says. taehyung pouts stupidly, dressed in this fucking adorable pink t-shirt with a peach appliqué on the pocket and these cute pajama pants with bananas all over them, because taehyung's just fucking adorable like that. okay, maybe jimin's crush is getting obvious. "i'll put some ramen on, you get the popcorn ready."

taehyung grins and engulfs jimin in a hug, which makes the brunette laugh and push him off jokingly. this bubbly ball of sunshine is jimin's roommate and best friend since their college put them together; taehyung's a visual arts and cinematography student, whilst jimin's studying dance and music, meaning they're in the same department. tae's cute and funny and total boyfriend material. this is said by all of jimin's friends who meet him, but it took jimin a wholeass year to figure out that yes, he has something resembling feelings for the dorky boy. will he do anything about it? no.

taehyung's had a couple boyfriends over the course of two years, but despite his sweeping declarations of love for each boy, he only comes out either brokenhearted (this resulting in weekend icecream binges whilst watching vine compilations) or unsatisfied. and jimin just keeps quiet, because taehyung deserves much more than a messed up super kid.