•Chapter Thirty One•

Start from the beginning

"Soo now that I have everybody here, let's get started."

"I apologize for the short notice but I have two new out of town clients that need to be audited so I'll be gone as of tomorrow." I sat there wondering what did that have to do with me but I kept my mouth shut and continued to listen.

"Initially I planned on just leaving Ameer here with you but I think he needs to spend some time with his father as well." She stated, talking to Shawn. He made no attempt to conceal his displeasure. This nigga was acting as if he was the one who laid with Mia and created Ameer.

"With that being said, I need you guys to act like sensible adults in parenting him this week. I suggest maybe he spend every other day with Lance until I get back on Saturday."

"Can you guys do that for me please, with no problems involved?" I just smirked at her.

"Your husband the one be actin a fool." I mumbled under my breath. He must've heard though because he was subtly huffing and puffing. I laughed lightly at how easily I got under his skin. He needed to loosen up. I swear Mia wasn't giving him none of that good loving.

"Says the man with hair clips in his beard. Looking like a damn fool." Shawn countered. I totally forgot to take them out but I wasn't even bothered honestly. I was proud to show off my baby girl's work.

Mia cut her eyes at us before continuing. "I asked if you guys can handle that without being childish?"

"Yes ma'am." I said. Shawn nodded his head as if he had a weight on it forcing him to do so.

"Baby, you understand what's gonna happen right?" She turned to Ameer softening her tone and facial expression.

"Yes momma."

"Good. Well, that's all I had to discuss. Is there anything else before Lance leaves?" She questioned, more so her husband.

"No babe. I'm good." He said, plastering a smile on his face. We unwillingly exchanged phone numbers so we could easily coordinate the week's happenings. In my opinion Mia should've just left Ameer with me but who was I to be calling shots? She was the one raising him all of his life so should know what's best for him. After hanging out with him for a little bit, we exchanged goodbyes and I was on my way home. This week was going to be interesting.

***************

It felt like I had been asleep for one hour before Wednesday came around. I was looking forward to having Ameer with me. I didn't see him as often anymore since I hadn't been working as many hours at the rec center as I use to. I was doing fairly decent with my art now and my photography started garnering the right attention so I asked to have my time reduced so I could pursue what I really wanted to be doing.

With the music blasting, I rearranged the little furniture that I had in the livingroom to accommodate the sheet I was about to spread across the floor. I decided to set up for a new painting since I'd be home until it was time to get Ameer from school. Gathering my easel and my paint supplies, I sat them in the middle of the room and burnt some incense to help set the mood for my new creation to be birthed.

I had been painting for what I'd thought was an hour but the time on my phone proved that it had nearly been three. I needed to go get Ameer soon but first, I stepped back to admire my handiwork. Lately I had developed a fascination with abstract art and I decided to give it a try. Considering that that type of art wasn't my expertise it came out pretty decent. Quickly cleaning myself up, I headed out to start my journey to Ameer's school.

"Hey Dad!" He said excitedly, once I pulled up to his school and he hopped in.

"Wassup lil man? Why you so excited?" I asked, ruffling his hair.