(12) Questions are asked (duh)

With not much of an appetite I sit with everybody at the dinner table. The stylists and our mentors are eating like it's a a normal evening, well it actually is for them, but I realised that tonight is the final night in the world. Tomorrow there will be killers in the arena and children who will be killed. With my thougts drifting away I am poking the mashed potatoes with my fork. "You nervous?" asked a voice in the distance as I was floating between misty clouds of thoughts.

"No, not really. It isn't as if our lives depend on the sponsors that'll get to know us. They'll discover that some are really cute and others annoying as hell, that's how they decide who to sponsor. Or that the Gamemakers let children kill other children. Mutts will come ofcourse to poison us or rip us to pieces and that's just one of their nasty little tricks." I say to Clove who asked me if I was nervous. I take a bit of the potatoes when I see some faces looking shocked at me because I said my thoughts. I take another bite with a big smile and satisfaction. The Captol freaks are seeing that I'm not a dumb ball of muscles, but I can't say this with my interview.

Enobaria gives me a furious stare, Clove kicks me under the table and Brutus raises an eyebrow, asking in body language, "What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" and I just shrug acting like I didn't know why. "But I bloody know what I told, I told them the hard truth, even though they don't want to be confronted with it. They are the Capitol freaks." I think with disgust against the freaks. "Hahahaha." laughs Brutus to show Discea and the stylists that I didn't mean it, though I did mean it and Brutus knows it. They start snickering about it like it was a funny joke thanks through Brutus's cover up.

When the dessert had come and it was over we are excused and have a few minutes before we have to go downstairs. I go sit on the couch, with my thumb and index finger going over my token necklace, while thinking about my angle and the answers to several questions. Enobaria sits down next to me and sniffs, Clove is standing in front of the elevator,  while her stylist is busy with her dress, Discea is powdering her face and Brutus has gone to his chambers  probably to exercise because he needs to stay intimidating for everybody. "It's time." announces Discea without even glancing up from the small mirror.

Standing next to Clove in the elevator it is really awkward because of last nights kiss. "You look really good in that suit Cato. It fits perfectly. " says Clove as a small blush appears on her cheeks. I know I had a plan, but I just cannot afford to say nothing. Her elegant, blue dress, that changes the blue colour as the light falls on it differently, makes her look so gorgeous. God why did I have to get a crush on her when we have a deadly, bloody game in which we'll kill eachother probably. "You look really nice in that dress Clove." I say softly and think about my stupid sentence.

The doors slide open and some tributes are already sitting on the white chairs, that are seated in the background of the stage in a semi circle, so we are visible during other tributes's interviews, others are discussing their angles with their mentors and some still have to come downstairs. We walk towards our seats and can only see small parts of the enormous crowd. As we walked up a few stairs and stop  in front of Glimmer and Marvel I started smiling. I can finally show everybody that I am going to kill all these suckers and win because nobody can possibly beat me, not even the girl on fire with her 11. The arena adrenaline of a career is probably kicking in and I don't even mind.

"Both of you look wonderful and in peculiar Glimmer." I say with a smooth smile on my face. "You too Cato." says Glimmer chuckling and blushing in her see through dress. "Gosh, I hate it and her. She isn't like Clove, but I need to stay with my plan." I think as I glance at her. "Good luck with your interviews." I say and give Glimmer a kiss on her hand, like a real gentleman some people would say. Clove and I sit down in our chairs when she gives me such a filthy look, that I feel bad, but kinda find it funny as well. "I'm sorry, but I am a teenage boy and she is a girl in a bloody see through dress."