(16) The madman and the lunatic

"Dear fucking god. You gotta be kidding me. The boy who steals everything of which I have ever dreamt, he stole my spot to be a shining and rising star, being the loved one. BUT NO." rants Clove out of the blue. She spits every word out of her mouth with so much hatred that all of us are just staring at her in disbelief. It is only Iapetus who foresees what she will be doing and he blocks her with the wooden end of his spear pushing into her body. "Don't."

"I will not and do not have to listen to a tiny, miserable boy who can reactivate mines. The only reason why yo are still alive." Screams Clove with her fists pushing the spear out of the way "and now let me pass you bloody idiot." But Iapetus don't do nothing and stays right where he is.

In the meantime our bloody, cooked boy is coming closer to us, though still far enough that he cannot hear us speak, but he can see what is happening. Behind Pita or Peeta or whatever he is called are the last rays of the artificial sun shining so that the trees of the forest for black silhouettes against the pink sky. Almost like a painting. I am the only one of our group seeing the last light of the day dissapearing and becoming the first night in this arena.

Why is no one doing something about Peeta coming towards us? Why do we let him? And that is the moment that I realise that I'll have to do it because I am the oldest and the others are still arguing with Clove. I have the same thoughts as her, but don't get me wrong because this is the only one time that I have had the time to shine in fancy clothes. In contrast with Clove who is a merchant's daughter, so she has nothing to complain about. Well she does, but has less reason to do it than I have.

I haven't noticed leaving the commotion behind and walking towards our tresspasser with my sword ready to pierce him. God I want to see him blood, you have no idea how much his blood would satisfy me and probably Clove as well for being the favourite one out of all of us. I turn my head around to see if the others are still arguing, but they aren't and Clove is nodding with her face coloured bright red and eyes popping out of her head, causing them to look huge.

"Cato was it, wasn't it? Yeah it was because I got this thing for names which could kill me." He says with nothing in his hands and only a small rucksack on his back.

I cut my blade across his upperarm, which are more muscular than I remember and expected. "What are you doing here if you are afraid of us, boy?" I spit out when an arrogant smirk is appearing on his face instead of a painful grimace, although he does put his hand on the cut which has blood pouring out of it making long red stripes on his arm. Like a river on a smooth map I think.

"I have an interesting offer in which you will definetely be interested and it is worth not killing me." He wipes his bloodied hand through his hair, which used to be blonde but is already dirty after nine hours or so.

"Oh yeah? You are certain of that? Well just get on with it and tell me instead of talking vaguely and keeping me guessing. You don't want to keep me waiting and make me vicious."

"We both got in common that we want to find Katniss and I have the advantage of knowing het tiny little tricks and noticing her snares and plenty more. I offer my help so we can kill her together. I cannot stand her confidence of getting out alive and thinking that she is the best of the entire district. God I want to paint an empty canvas with her blood. There is nothing more perfect than the colour red of your enemies blood." He says snickering at my face probably.

"Wait what the eff do you mean? You opened up your entire heart to the whole population of Panem. You are the boy who is in love with the girl on fire, one of the starcrossed lovers." Says Marvel from behind me and I am kinda startled because I haven't noticed him and the others getting closer to me.