(2) The terrors that the night bring

I run and run in an unfamiliar area. Areas flow over in new ones below my feet. A desert becomes a jungle. The jungle turns into a ghost city. They keep changing in so many different areas that I can't even count them. Also I have no idea for what or whom I'm running away from, no not running but fleeing. An 18 year-old boy fleeing from something. A boy who almost trained combat his whole life runs for his life. For a moment I turn around. I'm running away from Ycie, my best friend. My best friend who's dead. I stop running and face him on a beach where you can hear the waves roll onto the sand and leave again. I see my feetsteps in the sand, they go on for ever. The one odd thing in this area is that there are two moons. A blue and a red one. Both are full and the light of the moons mixes in the air and turns everything on the ground a bit purplish. To be honest,  I love the sight of it. It seems so unrealistic, like a fairytale.

"You always get distracted by something Cato, like always. It's a bad habit you should get rid of because someone might sneak up on you." says Ycie behind me. I turn around and see his face close to mine. I feel his breath against my face. All this time I was thinking he got behind me without me noticing it. I'm so stupid. I do a step back because the breath of Ycie begins to smell. He stands there and stares at me with a blank face. Parts of his skin is starting to rot. His hair gets duff. He steps on step forward. Blood pours out of the rotted skin. His hand reaches towards me. The skin is now rotting fast and is still connected to his bones but it are small strips of skin hanging. I touch his hand. I feel bones, only bones and no skin. I look at his hands and it shows why I didn't feel skin. It is all  gone. I look at his face again. He cries, not tears but blood is pouring out of his eye sockets. I throw up everything I possibly can because what is happening in front of me is so disgusting and disturbing. "I'm sorry." he whispers as he brings his hand to his mouth. Before the stuff gets into his mouth I see what it is. The pills. The drugs which caused him to die. "Noooo." I yell while my cheeks get with through tears. He ignores me and swallows the pills. Rotted skin which was gone grows back again. It's just enough to become strips of loss rotted skin attached to bones. His behaviour changes.

"You left me dead on the street and you're going to pay for it." he yells with anger noticeable in his voice. "You. Left. Me. You left your best friends." he hisses. I'm shocked and have no idea how to respond. "Uhmm, Ycie it was uhmm uhmm." I mutter. Ycie's eyes are filled with such a rage that I step back. "Not even can you help your friend, you can't talk either." he screams. I turn around as I see him  running at me. I run. Run as fast as you can with your legs Cato. Something sharp comes in my leg. I trip because my rhythm is disturbed.

I try to stand up but bony fingers grab my feet and drag me over the sand. I try to grab something to hold but I only see a pattern of my fingers making lines in the damp sand. He turns me around so I can see his face. "So now we can start."  he says with a smile and laughs like a psychopath. He bends so far over that his hanging rotten skin touches my face. I shiver. He sits straight again and picks a hand filled with sand. He throws it in the air and blows to it. He mutters some words. My eyes see this even though it's impossible. The sand turns into a knife, it's a small version of his sword. With the knife in his hand I try to get him of my body. "Don't struggle now sweet boy." he says. "Ycie this isn't you." I say desperately.  "No your right." he says. He puts sand over his body and there isn't an Ycie anymore, it is a replication of me.

"Surprise Cato." he says. His voice sounds like mine. The knife comes slowly towards my face. The point is in my shoulder. "AAWH." I yell because of the pain. "Shhh Cato,  we don't want to disturb others who enjoy the moons don't you?" he asks. I just nodd since struggling hasn't helped the whole time. "So lets continue." he says as he slowly cuts through my left shoulder till the top of my middle finger. I can't help it but I get tears. I feel the warm blood pouring out of the cut. "Good, you didn't struggle. Don't start moving now." he says with an evil smile. He starts in the other shoulder and does the same. The blood is now slowly falling of my arms in to the sand. He grabs my tank top and cuts it in half with his knife drenched in my blood. The pain is only getting worse and the sand doesn't help either. The sand bites in my wounds. "Why did you cut my tank top Ycie?" I ask nervously. He looks at me. He doesn't look like a reflection of me anymore, his eyes are wild and he looks insane. He answers my question with crazy laughter.