(6) I'm being called a warrior

"You can stay wherever you want and can sleep whenever you want, but keep in mind that tomorrow we'll arive in the Capitol and the sponsor will get glimpses of you two." Brutus says while he and Enobaria leave to go to bed. "I will go too." I say to Clove. "Wait for me." she says behind me "we can walk together.". The two of us walk together through the train toward our chambers. I start itching my arm because I'm nervous. Within a minute or so my arm is burning and red. Hopefully we are close to our rooms. "My chamber is here so uuhh goodnight I guess. " I say quickly and go into my room. "Goodnight Cato." says Clove from the other side of the door. Why do I get nervous around her?

Thinking about that but already knowing the answer I kick out my shoes. I throw my shirt on the bed, untie the tie and stand there with my pair of jeans. I know I won't be able to go to sleep and I won't try either, so the best thing I can do is to step under the shower and wash  myself. Yes, that's what I'm going to do, scrub eighteen years of shame away. I step inside the cabin and see all kind of buttons, big ones with loads of colors and small black ones. As soon as the door closes I push the button which starts the shower and when the water is soaking me I realise that I'm still wearing my jeans. They get soaked which is unavoidable. The soaked jeans don't bother me at all and thus is the blue button pressed. A bottle comes out of the wall and squishes blue coloured gel on my head. With my fingers I spread it across my hair and a relaxing scent comes from the gel which has now become foam. A salty sea scent is being spread across the douche cabin and I feel like I'm at the sea. I almost can feel the sun shining on my back and warming me on the beach. I wash the foam out of my hair and now press the blue button with a brush on it. Brushes come out of it with a layer of the beautiful scented gel and are starting to rub my whole body really gently. I am not sure when I've been so relaxed before in my life but to be honest, I don't care about my family anymore. The shampoo is washed of and I'm being blown dry except for my jeans who are still a bit wet.

I open the closet with what seems a hundred clothes and Having no idea what to choose. I grab a nice pair of jeans and replace my soaked jeans with them. I walk towards the main coupe with an oversized sweater in my hand to put on when I get cold. I see the lights of the room shine at the end of the hallway which makes it look like a dark tunnel. It makes me think of the tunnel of the Colloseum where there would be light at the end as well. I shake my head to get rid of the ridiculous thought, I'm in a train on my way to the deathly Hunger Games. I have reached to door which slides open for me when I start to think again. About Ycie,  my past and my unknown sister, that's where my thoughts take me. At the table I see that they're covered with the delicious treats again. I pick a muffin and start nibbling it. I have never really liked lemon but my subconscious pickdd a lemon flavoured muffin. I don't know why I didn't like it though because while nibbling the muffin I realise it isn't that sour. Or has this a deeper meaning?

A warm finger traces the long scar on my back, which is very noticeable. "How did you get it Cato?" asks a familiar female voice. I turn around even though she says not to. I look at a girls face with bright brown eyes, some freckles on her nose and dark hair as the night. "How'd you get it?" she asks staring into my blue eyes. "That's part of my past, a past which lays now behind me." I reply to her. "Well if you don't want to tell one of us about your past will you answer this question. Couldn't you sleep?" she ask and takes my muffin out of my hand "this is my kind of muffin!". I can't help it but smile a bit when she snapped at me about the muffin. "I didn't bother to try to sleep because of the nightmares that'll haunt me." I say. "Owh." is the only response she manages to say. I put on my  sweater because it has become colder here.

We ask the avoxes for some hot chocolate with whipped cream,  marshmallows and chocolate chip cookies. "Since you're awake you can watch the games of my sister together with me if you would want to." I say to her while we're sitting on the couch together. "Fine." she says "do you smell the ocean too?". I laugh at her for the question and she gives me a questioning look.  "It is the scent of the gel I used during my shower." I say with a smile. "Okay, that explains why it smells like ocean here." she says smiling back at me. "Shall we watch your sister's games now?" she asks me after the avoxes have arrived with our hot chocolate and the cookies. I grab the disc out of the box with my surname on the box and another unfamiliar surname. Clove presses on a button and the wall slides open and the flatscreen behind it comes visible. The anthem starts playing when I put the disc in the player.