(11) It's all about grace

With a delightful expression on my face I wake up. Thinking about last night I know that the feeling is mutual. The kiss was perfect. Not only perfect, but also helpful to control the angergaze. She's my beacon for not losing myself in rage, without her I will go insane. That thought frightens me a little, but then I think back to the kiss. We are both going into the Games, my dream since I was a child, but now I have a lover and that can be a obstacle. With a sigh I get grumpy and think about the dumb things I told her, even though it's my own fault for letting her in. "From now on I won't show any affection towards her." I say silently "and know exactly how do to that."

I can hear the muffled voices coming through the walls and realised that they were having breakfast. I had been thinking about my plan for half an hour or so and now breakfast is being served already, even though I woke early. Barefooted, only wearing jogging pants and a simple shirt I walk towards the table. I can feel the stare of my stylist and Discea, staring because I haven't done anything about my eyes. My blonde hair is standing up straight and points at every direction, there's still sleep in my eyes and there are blue circles underneath them. They try to say something about it, but I honestly couldn't care any less. This may be the last day that I can do whatever I want and just be lazy.

Carefully watching every dish on the table to be sure I don't eat anything including lemon. Waffles and pancakes with Nutella, chocolate and strawberries are the things I eat for breakfast this day. Thankfully there isn't a lemon in these foods. While I eat my breakfast, I listen to today's scheme, the first hours I will be with Brutus discussing my appearance and character,  after that Discea and Enobaria, even though she strongly dislikes me, are helping me with my manners on stage, next is the appointment with my stylist and finally there is the interview.

After breakfast we immediately start because otherwise we don't make it. Clove, Enobaria and Discea are going to her bedroom, while I'm left with Brutus at the table. I haven't really talked that much too Brutus, the only thing I know from him is that he likes scotch and training. "Are you going to change or are you wearing those all day?" he asks pulling a stern expression on his face, his expression has been grumpy a lot, which worked, but stern doesn't, and then gives away a small smile. I shrug and that shake my head. As I look up I discover that Brutus's face has softened, he is showing his real expression and the grumpiness must've been an act the whole damn time. No wonder everybody fears him. I lower the defense walls, which I've built over the years of abuse to protect myself from being hurt, a bit and stop my act as well.

"Okay now that you and me have stopped our acts we can start." he says with an friendly face. Shocked by his friendly face and discovering that he knew I was acting he whole time, except with Clove, let me know that he is a smart man. I nod, while keeping my feelings in control. I just want him to be my father in these last days of my life, I want to have real parents for at least one time in my life. I want to feel as if I belong anywhere, a place I can call home. "Concentrate Cato." says my subconscious and I shake the image of a dying friend, my mom injecting herself and the shattered beer bottles surrounding my dad with a shaving knife, of me. Get rid of my past was the reason I came here,  but it keeps returning because I don't stop thinking about me.

"You must know that I wasn't drunk that night when I told you and clove should kiss, there was a tiny spark between the two of you and I saw it in time. I had it with someone back at 2, but didn't notice it until I had to be her mentor." he admits out of nowhere. "Love is a weakness." I say with clenched teeth and thinking about my parents and their love for Eliley,  Eliley and her crush that killed her and that loved ones would die for each other. "You're wrong in every way. Love is strong, it survives everything." he replies sharing his wisdom with me. "What about being betrayed by your crush or loved one, loving eachother so much that you drown in love and forget everything that matters or IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN LOVED BY FAMILY." I say and yell the last sentence. With a hot face of anger, a tear streaming down my face I give him the death stare.