Четыре

"Crap!" Rahim cursed, trying to ignore his gag reflexes. "The stupid toads landed us in the wrong spot! I knew they were going in the wrong direction!" He was just about ready to pounce on the toads simply out of anger and disappointment, however the toads were long gone.

"Wait, so... we're even farther from the next temple?"

"Yup." He replied simply. Thankfully, there is another one about a week's journey in the direction the toads were taking us. As long as that sounds, our world is probably about as big as your sun. So it could be worse. We'll only be travelling a quarter of this planet-if that's what you want to call it."

"Wait, what!? It takes years to walk around the earth! It takes millions of Earths to fit into the sun! How do you know we'll even make it in this lifetime!?"

"We don't." Averett stepped in. "There are many dangers we will need to face, and now that Alderam knows what we intend to do, we will be in even deeper shit. Plus There are many... biomes, some you would recognize in your world, and some you humans could not so much as imagine. We will make sure to prepare for those as best we could, but this world is much more unpredictable than your own. Also, something you neglect to factor in, we have magic and can occasionally teleport to places, but magic like that is only for the heavily skilled, strong minded, and full hearted. It is exceptionally rare."

"Could the witch who cursed you teleport or make portals like that?" They went silent at your question. You see, your forgotten self, in fact could, but they only found out everything about you after you never came back. They raided your home and studied the memory figures (or what nerds would call temporary holograms) of yourself that would shuffle around your home. In a way, they stalked you-even in death. So talking to the witch-no. The queen that put them on this quest and the one they seemed to fall for-even the heartless Rahim-was still a struggle. And now they look at your 17 almost 18 year old form and compared you what your 15 year old self. They couldn't deny you have definitely matured for the better. Only if you were a little more educated in the ways of magic and who you really are. Maybe this could all have been over by now and they would go back to peacefully roaming their small inch of the forest.

Jeez! Now they're getting off track.

"Uh, yeah. She just preferred to travel a bit slower... anyway, there should be a small village we can stop by."

"Will we be able to book a room at a hotel or something?"

"You can. We'll need to sleep outside." You didn't like this.

"No." You said simply. "I'll get a small room, hopefully on a low level, and get you up to the window. I'm going to have to get a small room as to not raise suspicion and to conserve money. Especially since you guys make it sound like human turned animals are frowned upon." You claimed. "Oh! But Rahim gets to sleep outside."

"You shouldn't hold such a grudge against him. His heart was stolen from him." Averett stood up for his brother. "Literally."

"His heart was stolen from him? Well that will do us no good. Better learn how to get it back again." Suddenly, they were hit with a memory, one of the very first they had of you.

"...you stole from me, so you are to roam this forest until you can learn to love without a heart," She glanced at Rahim. "Think without a brain." Her eyes trailed to Favian. "And act upon courage without your pride." Lastly, her head positioned itself to Averett.

"Upon regaining these traits, you will learn forgiveness, and will regain most your human form.

"Yo! You okay over there? Going to die or something?" You waved your hand before their faces, wondering if they were okay.